• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

998 clutching

Dan3636

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Hey guys I have 2020 146 sidewinder running a max 20 Td tune. I think the belt is slipping on take after installing clutch upgrades . I installed all of this at once . 911 clutch cover, blue an orange primary spring,Iam running 2 glide washers, secondary spring black an orange with 35 degree helix with belt adjuster with float . After installing all this on take off it slips belt an takes off an runs fine. Any thoughts? Is this a happy clutch set up? An slight scaring on primary spring with maybe 8 to 10 passes on set up .

What belt are you using? What holes is the secondary spring in?

The spring is set to 6-1 an belt is even with the secondary Sheve thanks guys

8jp with your set up imo is not a good thing. Ultimax or g force redline is what I use. I dont Have a tune but the 8 jp is a dirty belt

I would say the most to date. I just bought it from Td 4 weeks ago. How can u tell?

I dont have much experience with 8JP but 6-1 is the recommended wrap on the first version of the black orange spring. The new version which is what you will have since you purchased recently is recommended to be wrapped at 6-2, alot of guys use 6-3.
Only time a belt will slip in secondary at take off is if it is getting stuck and not returning to the top when you stop, you will hear a little chirp/squeal when you take off. If your feeling more slip then that it is likely coming from the primary.

I dont have much experience with 8JP but 6-1 is the recommended wrap on the first version of the black orange spring. The new version which is what you will have since you purchased recently is recommended to be wrapped at 6-2, alot of guys use 6-3.
Only time a belt will slip in secondary at take off is if it is getting stuck and not returning to the top when you stop, you will hear a little chirp/squeal when you take off. If your feeling more slip then that it is likely coming from the primary.
Yeah I just installed 911 cover an new primary spring as well something is definitely going on. The inside sheave gets super hot just letting sled idle?

Have you measured your offset? What weights are you using in the primary?

No have not measured offset cus Iam running the floating secondary now . Should I still measure the offset ? Iam running dalton weights in primary. Thanks

Yes still measure offset. Typically the clutch needs to be pushed in towards jackshaft to achieve correct offset and alot of the times this requires machining of the secondary clutch . Make sure belt is removed when measuring offset.

Back