• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A-arm Bushings

I noticed slack in my a-arms and I know the bushings need to be replaced. I'm new to this and havent had much experience with the mechanical aspect of a sled but would like to learn some of these things so I was wondering if there was someone who could really help me with the process of changing the front arm bushings. Thanks for all the help!

i changed mine last year with the ulmer bushings. its pretty simple and straight forward, take off the hood, then the nose cone and bumper and that gets you to the susp. bolts. the lower a arms, the front two bolts come out pretty easy, getting to the back bolts on the lower a arm you have to remove the skid plate. once you get the a arms off becareful not to ding up the inside of your a arms while removing the old junk bushings, if you do take a file and remove all the burrs so you dont do any damage to the new bushings. oh yeah, you have to remove the shocks and remove the sway bar bolt. its self explanitery once you start with the process. also when putting back together remember to use loctite on all the bolts. hope this helps.

Do the bushings have to be pressed in? Or does it just take some effort? Also if there is give in the a-arm does it automatically mean it's the bushings? Is there anything else that may need to be replaced? My sled has 3600 miles on it and they havent been touched.

Yup it mostly your bushings and probably the rest of the slop is your ball joints. Get olites from ulmer racing. The directions mentioned are good reference and its pretty straight forward. Use Emory cloth to clean up the arms and the shaft inside the upper arms. A dremel with a round sander wheel works well. To install I used some grease to make everything slide easier. Get a foot long 1/2 inch threaded rod, washers and a bolt on each end to press them on. Works awesome and everything goes on nice and straight with minimum effort. Good luck brother there's nothing to it.

No the ball joints are sold separate from NCI Innovations on here. His screen name is arteex. Do the bushings first and you will find out how bad the ball joints are. Or just get both and do it all at once while apart. I would just get both and replace all at once ;)!

Ulmer Racing has NCI ball joints in stock.

Srxspec said:
Ulmer Racing has NCI ball joints in stock.

Allen do you carry both upper and lower? I couldn't find them on your site

Back