• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A-Arm info.

littledawg

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
Changing my 2016 SRViper Mtx to a trail sled. Wanting a 42" inch stance do I need to change uppers only or do i need to change everything i do have the old style spindles and A-Arms off a Cat but will need shocks as mine are 16 inch and will need 18.75 if I use these I've read that some say I just need to change the uppers and can keep the original shocks ? Doesn't make sense but thought I'd ask the question lots of talk on here but no real definite answer.

You will need both upper and lower a arms and new shocks for the 42 front end

Thanks for the info, I researched it yesterday and searching part numbers and making phone calls I got everything ordered. Thanks for your reply.

Changing my 2016 SRViper Mtx to a trail sled. Wanting a 42" inch stance do I need to change uppers only or do i need to change everything i do have the old style spindles and A-Arms off a Cat but will need shocks as mine are 16 inch and will need 18.75 if I use these I've read that some say I just need to change the uppers and can keep the original shocks ? Doesn't make sense but thought I'd ask the question lots of talk on here but no real definite answer.
You will also need tie rods and a sway bar if you choose to put one on, the 42" lower arms will have mounts on them.

Have you made this change yet? I Have a 15 xtx I could swap parts with you shocks and all, except Swaybar

Back