• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A-arm/spindle issue

Has anybody came up with a fix for the spindle pushing back issue?
Do you mean the a-arms have bent ? Causing the spindles to move back or change their angle ? Snoscoot ?

What weight of rider and what kind of riding ? Jumps ? Anything can only take so much force , maybe better the a-arms than the frame ?
I’ve got our ‘18 ZR 200 up on a bench to look at putting in proper motor mounts. The a-arms look reasonably sturdy - the bottom ones have a cross brace. Some gussets welded in would certainly strengthen them up though.

What weight of rider and what kind of riding ? Jumps ? Anything can only take so much force , maybe better the a-arms than the frame ?
I’ve got our ‘18 ZR 200 up on a bench to look at putting in proper motor mounts. The a-arms look reasonably sturdy - the bottom ones have a cross brace. Some gussets welded in would certainly strengthen them up though.
48 pound rider, after working on these with the metric and standard bolts all on the same unit I say the SnoScoot and ZR 200 need a re-think at the drawing board.

48 pound rider, after working on these with the metric and standard bolts all on the same unit I say the SnoScoot and ZR 200 need a re-think at the drawing board.
Standard and metric together is a pain, but most Arctic cat and Yamaha are that way. Polaris too when they used Fuji engines. I’m not trying to stand up for Yamaha or A/C on this or other issues - jetting, etc.
I was really hoping for Polaris or BRP to come out w/ something better than these 200’s. If there was money to be made, you would think they would have done that by now.
My advice is straighten out the a-arms, weld in some bracing and see what happens.
Even if you are fed up w/ the Scoot, resale is good on them at least.
There are aftermarket arms which the racers use - they should stand up well.

Back