• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adding chain case fluid

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Renegade 900 ACE,XF 9000 Crosstour
Currently my oil level is barely showing in the sight glass on my case,and was there another option to add oil through the breather/ vent ,or do I have to remove actuator.Suggestions appreciated ‍♂️Not much info offered in the owners manual,2018 XF Crosstour.Any picture of this vent location would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Currently my oil level is barely showing in the sight glass on my case,and was there another option to add oil through the breather/ vent ,or do I have to remove actuator.Suggestions appreciated ‍♂️Not much info offered in the owners manual,2018 XF Crosstour.Any picture of this vent location would be appreciated.
Oil is added thru the actuator. Bring it to the top of the sight glass. That info is in the manual.

The chaincase breather vent is way too small and tough to get at. Pull the actuator and top it up. Only held in by 3 torx bolts. Be sure to be mindful of turning the actuator bolt counter clockwise to help the actuator engage reverse when reinstalling.
Its well document in the manual.
MS

Thanks, I look forward to your recommendation on trails in the Val de or area when we visit hopefully this season.

Back