• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adding rebound to iqs sleds

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
Going to send my shocks off for a.rebuild in the fall. It's a 2019 tcat and when talking hygear they said they could add Kashima bodies and rebound to the iqs system.

Has anyone ever done this? I was considering doing it for the front but the sled is lowered so I'm not sure how much of a benefit as I primarily ride this thing on groomed trails and just slow down.

The rear most shock though is where I'm considering doing it. It kinda defeats the purpose of iqs but I've noticed the rear end bucks ever so slightly on driveway approaches.

But it's in need of a rebuild at 2800 miles.

I looked into it and with all the parts needed would be better off getting a new shock like a Qs3r and adding your IQS actuator to it. Maybe they are talking about rebound revalving? That can be done easily and cost effective but would not be adjustable. I have a few out there I sped up rebound on. Just no feedback yet. Need to make some calls

No it was essentially making the shock a qs3r, so rebound would be added. The fronts they quoted about 800 but the rear most shock was less. Not sure if that included Kashima coated bodies and I believe the qs3r has two different body sizes.

No it was essentially making the shock a qs3r, so rebound would be added. The fronts they quoted about 800 but the rear most shock was less. Not sure if that included Kashima coated bodies and I believe the qs3r has two different body sizes.
You get it done and tell me how much and I will be the first one to follow if its not over $2000

They are always at the New Hampshire show and always have been more than willing to speak to myself and friends when we approach them.
We have used their services for quite a few years with good results.

The best shocks can surely make the Best sled even better!

Have had many sleds throughout the years, and have always compared shocks in same like models, and have found many times that the shocks make for a better handling and riding sled!

Not to mention what they do for this older rider now!
Rebuilding all shocks on both sleds again, because I want the best ride that my sled can offer!

Adding Rebound adjustor to shocks that don’t have it, gives you the ability to adjust you shocks for all different conditions you may encounter.. Those riders that understand and use this adjustment understands its value and use it to make their sleds the best they can be… Those that don’t understand what rebound actually does for their sleds seldom use the adjustor or worst yet make the wrong adjustment for the conditions they are encountering… If your trails are primarily rough, small, medium, large bumps, rebound adjustment is your best friend when higher than normal speeds are obtained… On the other hand when high speeds on smooth trails are obtained then little or no rebound may be your key to better handling.. Either condition adjustable rebound is a great addition cause it improves your experience… But whats even more important than that is when your suspension works correctly its way way more safe at high speeds and safety is priceless not only for you but also for other sledders..

I think with my new sled I am really going to concentrate on suspension and handling.
It's not like I neglected it before, I have shocks revalved and changed spring rates to suit my style but now I REALLY want to get my sled to ride better than anything else.
With these 998's the power side is pretty easy. To find the pinnacle of ride and handling will be the next challenge.

I think with my new sled I am really going to concentrate on suspension and handling.
It's not like I neglected it before, I have shocks revalved and changed spring rates to suit my style but now I REALLY want to get my sled to ride better than anything else.
With these 998's the power side is pretty easy. To find the pinnacle of ride and handling will be the next challenge.
There is nothing better than getting your sled to rail around a corner like formula one race car with steering that uses no effort … The key is to do this at a safe level for everyone concerned .. When you accomplish this , you make a fast sled really fast , so don’t forget to improve braking along with better handling…. stay safe …..

I had my rear shock rebuilt after only 1000 km this winter on a new 22 SRX. The rebound damping did not exist. It would actually not rebound from a bunch of small bumps until it would bottom out on the transfer block. The owner at Accelerated Technology had me sit on the sled and lightly bump the seat with my but until there was no suspension left. Hard to believe. I thought my spring was to stiff as I'm only 135 lbs.. Even the guys following would comment how rough my sled rode. I tried many different settings.

Last edited:
In your case I would assume your problems were not the norm and most likely a isolated case… Your weight will make suspension adjustments and shock settings way different than most riders but, that being said you can still get a very good riding sled with proper adjustments and set up… It may be a challenge to get there but in the end with patients and determination you will get there….

Back