• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adhesive for outerwear pre filter polyester mesh over vents?

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
I just got two 12 x 12” sheets of outerwear pre filter sheets and I plan to put them over the metal vents, bottom vent on the oil can side, and the 2 openings on the top by the head light to stop all snow from entering the the machine. Where ever there’s openings. Tired of having 2 or 3 inches of ice in the bottom of the panels after playing in the snow! Plan was to just pick up some elmers krazy glue and glue the mesh to the metal vents and just to the plastic for the other places. Any other ideas for adhesives? I’m sure krazy glue would hold fine but anyone else put mesh like vents on their sled?

I did the same thing to all my vents 8 yrs ago. I used butyl tape to adhere all the vent covers...still holding strong today. I buy mine at my local auto glass repair shop. Comes in a 25' roll, and its the black puddy type that is used to adhere front windows to the vehicle...I even used it to seal off the lower plastic pieces below frint bumper to stop snow from entering there....heck I use it for all kinds of stuff.

I did the same thing to all my vents 8 yrs ago. I used butyl tape to adhere all the vent covers...still holding strong today. I buy mine at my local auto glass repair shop. Comes in a 25' roll, and its the black puddy type that is used to adhere front windows to the vehicle...I even used it to seal off the lower plastic pieces below frint bumper to stop snow from entering there....heck I use it for all kinds of stuff.
Cool thanks, I’ll look into that!

Is it this stuff?

Attachments

• EC5E2032-4E40-47C2-BCD1-FEEFBD0C1F09.png
    EC5E2032-4E40-47C2-BCD1-FEEFBD0C1F09.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 93
Did you just put the putty on the inside of the plastic and push the mesh into it? Put another layover over the mesh too?

Thats the stuff, yup.

I tore off a strip..stretched it out...adhere to inside of plastic..stretch screen or whatever over it, and press down. Helps to have butyl tape warm somewhat (room temp), and clean surface with alcohol first for best results.

Thats the stuff, yup.

I tore off a strip..stretched it out...adhere to inside of plastic..stretch screen or whatever over it, and press down. Helps to have butyl tape warm somewhat (room temp), and clean surface with alcohol first for best results.
Right on thanks a lot, hopefully get them on this weekend

Back