• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adjust Transfer on Single Shot?

pdiddy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'11 Apex; '16 Apex XTX; '18 Indy 600 SP;
2016 Apex X-TX. Looking to reduce ski lift coming out of corners and general acceleration cases. Already tightened limiter 1 position and added a little more ski pressure. Downloaded the manual and all it shows is info on adjusting the shock air pressure.

About the only thing I could think of would be to shorten the transfer rods in the rear skid to get less weight transfer to the rear. Shows how to do this in the manual page, 43 and 44. I have a 2011 xtx and if anything I want more weight transfer to the rear, very front heavy, the only way my front end will lift is if I use a forklift. Is you machine turbocharged that you are having this issue?

The white plastic blocks bolted to the suspension rails are your coupler blocks. The rear one would need more material added to it for less transfer.
Or a plate installed on the scissors arm at that location.

Lower air pressure in rear shock would allow it to hit the coupler blocks earlier.

Is you machine turbocharged that you are having this issue?

Hah! No, It's not doing wheelies or anything. I just like a planted sled. Thanks for the tips so far guys. Bringing her into the garage in the next week or two for a look over.

Adjustability is not the Singleshot’s strong suit, a definite step back from the Monoshock in that regard.

About the only thing I could think of would be to shorten the transfer rods in the rear skid to get less weight transfer to the rear. Shows how to do this in the manual page, 43 and 44. I have a 2011 xtx and if anything I want more weight transfer to the rear, very front heavy, the only way my front end will lift is if I use a forklift. Is you machine turbocharged that you are having this issue?
have you tried 09 nitro xtx springs in it? that is what i run in mine as the factory springs are too stiff on them as delivered from factory. actually replacing them on mine as they are now too soft after 20000 mi.

The singleshot suspension only has a shock and limiter strap.

on a singleshot, you need to play with the air pressure for transfer. i finally have mine transfering not too bad. i weigh around 260 lb and stock setting was boring to me on the up dated shock with the clickers both at 1/2 way in their range. on the lift in the heated garage, i pumped the shock up to 260 and with me sitting on the sled in my riding position on the ground, i was at 40/60 on the gap for the transfer limiting blocks. i prefer it that way as the sled will load up with snow in the tunnel as i ride and it usually comes down to 50/50 when out riding. was pretty lively during the season. trying something different this fall when i put in refreshed shock.

I hope Hygears Singleshot Soloution. Fixes this? I do not want to trust a single rear air shock. I bought these for reliability. Not to have to drag one out of the woods. Because of a failed shock? What was Yamaha thinking?Took the Wife out a week or so ago. She is scared to death of Ditches. So after 3 miles. On snow covered roads. I pulled up to a Trail entrance. And got off and pointed it out to her. No groomer yet. 10 inches of fresh snow. On the trail. She freaked out. And I had to tell her they will go just fine. Just do not back up. Have 146 in tracks. And Mohawks. With dual Studboy carbides. I led the way. And I noticed push in the corners? Maybe normal considering the conditions? Anyway she later led the way home. You know pictures to share on Social Media. Lol! At least she enjoyed it. She said it was like riding on a cloud!

in real soft conditions i still get push with the 09 mtx skis, so push when it is powder is normal.

Back