• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adjusting this Damn track

it's 22 lbs or 10 kg's of force... a trip to the local fishing supply outlet and purchase a 25 lbs digital scale is all it takes. Thats what I did. I also went 1 step further and cut and welded a weight that will sit on my track with the rear suspended. It can be quite difficult to measure 22 lbs of force and 1" between the track and sliders at the same time. Especially if your buy yourself.

just trying to help...:)

oh sorry to forget... after you adjust the track ..if you want to check if it perfectly straight.. just measure from the front of the rear axil to any hole along the track assembly with a measuring tape. if they are equal measurements on both the left and right side then it is straight.. if not adjust accordingly.

Here is a little trick I use. I don't have a hanging scale, but what I do have it a set of spin lock dumbells. The plates for them are small steel plates. I stack 4-5pounders and a 2.5 pound plate between the rails and make my measurement.

If you follow this approach, don't forget to remove the plates before starting the sled and spinning the track, that would be messy.

Anyway, it works perfect for me.

You don't have to take the rear axle nut off, just loosen it. I marked the track adjuster bolts to help keep track of how far I turned them. Make sure you tighten the axle nut back up to the suggested 54 lbs of torque.

I like the idea of welding up 20lbs of weights to help check track tension. To my knowlege, just about every sled I've owned says to use 20 lbs of weight to check tension on track

Back