• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ads in lower Left of screen

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
I know we need the Ad's, just curious if you can control where they pop up from? I have a large one that is in the lower left corner of the window. Its tall and covers half the screen and covers up the new thread titles.

If you can't move it, no biggie, just curious. I keep hitting the X and I get about 20 seconds of reprieve to cover my content. Thanks!!

I know we need the Ad's, just curious if you can control where they pop up from? I have a large one that is in the lower left corner of the window. Its tall and covers half the screen and covers up the new thread titles.

If you can't move it, no biggie, just curious. I keep hitting the X and I get about 20 seconds of reprieve to cover my content. Thanks!!

Half of the screen...LOL right, you must use a pocket watch to view the site. If you click the x it stays gone until you change screens. It will be here to stay for a month or 2 for a new campaign for more money unless you have unlimited funds you can send my way. It will eventually go back to the middle. I might change it to the right side.

I figured you would give me crap I should have screen shotted it, and ok maybe not 1/2 . Between 1/3 and 1/2 LOL. I'm on a 23" monitor lol. You must have moved to the Right, That works great! Thank you!
TY.JPG

I don't mind the ads plastered in the pages, even the single Russian ladies ones :D, but this pop-up is annoying as all hell and keeps coming back on every page. It also takes up almost 1/2 of my screen.

Ads.png

I don't mind the ads plastered in the pages, even the single Russian ladies ones :D, but this pop-up is annoying as all hell and keeps coming back on every page. It also takes up almost 1/2 of my screen.

View attachment 161493

Should I just shut the site down? If you would read what I posted, its a temporary campaign.

If the site can’t support itself through members and sponsors/advertisers then the pop up ads are a necessary evil. This all costs money and I’m fairly certain that neither Tom or any of the mods are making anything off it especially given the time that has to go into it.

out of curiosity - roughly what’s it cost a month to keep this site running?

If the site can’t support itself through members and sponsors/advertisers then the pop up ads are a necessary evil. This all costs money and I’m fairly certain that neither Tom or any of the mods are making anything off it especially given the time that has to go into it.

out of curiosity - roughly what’s it cost a month to keep this site running?

It not something I really want to share openly on a public forum. Sorry.

I get that. Just thought it might help people understand that this resource doesn’t just happen without some $$ to cover the costs.

I get that. Just thought it might help people understand that this resource doesn’t just happen without some $$ to cover the costs.

Well lets put it this way.. me as the owner dont make anything.. it all goes back into the site and the last few years I start to wonder if its worth my time. Then I go on a ride and meet users that love the site and appreciate it and then I keep it going..LOL .. This year will be 20 year anniversary.

Yep the adds are a pain, and they do direct you to the intended site every now and then if you don’t let the site download 100% each time you move. But I understand their need and still really enjoy your site Mr. Sled. It’s unlike anything else out there with the amount of knowledge and history shared. Well worth the admission price for a VIP membership.

I mean where else can a Yamaha sled head go for this much info! It’s crazy good still!
Thanks Mr. Sled for it’s continuation.

Little secret: Even dealers pay attention to tech info found on here by your truly well informed and very technical members!

I mean where else can a Yamaha sled head go for this much info!
I would argue no brand is supported on the interwebs better than Yamaha with this site being the sole reason.
All other snowmobile sites I have visited are a $hitshow

I would argue no brand is supported on the interwebs better than Yamaha with this site being the sole reason.
All other snowmobile sites I have visited are a $hitshow

There are other SNOWMOBILES SITES........Who knew?

LOL agree completely with STAIN

You do whatever you need to do Tom to keep the site going! You have collected a priceless amount of information for us when we have questions about our sleds!

Plus the bonus of creating such a Great group of sledding enthusiasts that we have made such special Friends from all over the country.

A Big THANK YOU to you and Stephanie!!
We would have never met each other without your vision some 20+ years ago.

Back