• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advantages of 2020-2021 Viper LTX-gt over a 2012 RS Vector LTX

blade072

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Vector LTX
For those of you who have ridden a RS Vector LTX and now ride a Viper LTX-GT.
Are the improvements, Quality, ride, etc. worth moving up to the new machine?
Thanks for your reply.
Jim

I moved up from a 2010 Vector ltx to the 2016 Viper ltx le and the different seating was weird at first but I would never go back, the seating is so much better with no sore hips on long days and the handlebars are higher and more comfortable, no inside ski lift in the corners if you happen to get lazy sometimes and the suspension and steering are hands down better. i miss the awesome sound of my Vector and the build quality of a true Yamaha is second to none. I hate working on the Viper due to the cat DNA but once your on the trail you forget all about that. I hung onto my Vector for 4 years because I didn't want to let it go but I finally sold to some one who loves as much as I did.

Went from a 2012 Vector to a 2018 LTX-DX. After you take care of the setup, and poor skis, You will absolutely love the Viper...Until you have to deal with the maintenance of the chain case, driveshaft bearing maintenance and of course the Tri Hub. It's all documented pretty well on this forum. It is totally FUN TO RIDE!

Blade072:
Went from a 2013 Vector ltx to a 2020 Viper ltx gt. The procross chassis is much better than the yamaha deltabox, lighter, better handling, better suspension, much better ergonomics. The 2020 engine puts out an extra 10-12 hp due to reprogrammed ecu mapping. The Vector was a fantastic sled for it's time but the Yamacat is honestly the best of both worlds, great engine on a great chassis. Having said all that, the Yamaha quality control is better than the Yamacat, loose hose clamps for example are common, not a big deal but a reality. Lastly you'll hear lots of people say that you have to immediately get rid of the Tuner 3 skis because they're horrible. Set up properly with snowtrackers they're very, very good on trail, the set up is absolutely crucial especially with the new ARCS front end. If you ride mostly off trail, buy new skis but if you're a trail rider, the tuners and trackers are all you'll need.

Last edited:
Blade072:
Went from a 2013 Vector ltx to a 2020 Viper ltx gt. The procross chassis is much better than the yamaha deltabox, lighter, better handling, better suspension, much better ergonomics. The 2020 engine puts out an extra 10-12 hp due to reprogrammed ecu mapping. The Vector was a fantastic sled for it's time but the Yamacat is honestly the best of both worlds, great engine on a great chassis. Having said all that, the Yamaha quality control is better than the Yamacat, loose hose clamps for example are common, not a big deal but a reality. Lastly you'll hear lots of people say that you have to immediately get rid of the Tuner 3 skis because they're horrible. Set up properly with snowtrackers they're very, very good on trail, the set up is absolutely crucial especially with the new ARCS front end. If you ride mostly off trail, buy new skis but if you're a trail rider, the tuners and trackers are all you'll need.
Thanks Northernshift, Great report. Jim

Back