• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice Needed - Lightly Used Yamaha Nytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
None atm
Was looking at used sleds at dealers and as a larger rider (6' - 375lbs), Yamaha's have been recommended to me. I am competitive powerlifter so will have the power to move around a bigger heavier sled. This sled is a 163" track with actually only 100kms on it (I have confirmed with the dealer). He has said he will give it to me for $6000 without turbo kit of $8000 with the factory approved turbo added. Seeing as I haven't sledded in 15+ years; I was going to start out without the turbo and maybe add it on next year. I have been combing the used market on Kijiji etc and all Yamaha's have been around this price but with WAY more km's. ANy idea why this would be so cheap? Just hard to move the Yamaha mountain sleds due to lack of popularity and the stigma about their weight etc?

I am mostly starting out on trail with a bit of off trail and learning how to ride in powder. One guy I am going to be going with does quite a bit of mountain riding so I will be transitioning into that.

I am moving to PG this weekend and will going by to take a look see once I am settled but any thoughts/input is appreciated.

Here is the link to the sled; https://www.pgmotorsports.ca/Pre-ow...62-Prince-George-Motorsports-6375650?ref=list

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Was looking at used sleds at dealers and as a larger rider (6' - 375lbs), Yamaha's have been recommended to me. I am competitive powerlifter so will have the power to move around a bigger heavier sled. This sled is a 163" track with actually only 100kms on it (I have confirmed with the dealer). He has said he will give it to me for $6000 without turbo kit of $8000 with the factory approved turbo added. Seeing as I haven't sledded in 15+ years; I was going to start out without the turbo and maybe add it on next year. I have been combing the used market on Kijiji etc and all Yamaha's have been around this price but with WAY more km's. ANy idea why this would be so cheap? Just hard to move the Yamaha mountain sleds due to lack of popularity and the stigma about their weight etc?

I am mostly starting out on trail with a bit of off trail and learning how to ride in powder. One guy I am going to be going with does quite a bit of mountain riding so I will be transitioning into that.

I am moving to PG this weekend and will going by to take a look see once I am settled but any thoughts/input is appreciated.

Here is the link to the sled; https://www.pgmotorsports.ca/Pre-ow...62-Prince-George-Motorsports-6375650?ref=list

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Although its basically new, for $8,000 you can buy a very well built $30,000 turbo Nytro with all the improvements done & less than 5,000km on it if you watch kijiji, 5,000km is nothing on a Yami.

Its close, paid 5000 for a 13XTX here in SK. last year. The used market is slow right now and if I would have waited probably could have got it for 4500, low snow years are good for something I guess! My sled has 4K on it and is mint, most of the Nytro's I looked at this year are still for sale because as you mentioned there is a bias against them. With a few mods they are a fun machine. Good luck

Price is what it is because it is a 5 year old sled that has not sold. It may be brand new but it needs a few things to make it rideable. IMO it needs a steering post relocate, a forward and narrower A arm kit, and running boards updated. You may have the muscle to deal with a heavier sled, but you are also going to be fighting this one, because in its stock form it will always be fighting you off trail.

Back