• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice on proper gearing?

Stubbs

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
‘16 Apex XTX with 137” Mono II
+ other gooodies
Hey guys,

I started with a post on the Nytro side, but it was fairly general, and didn't seem to go anywhere.
My main question is related to gearing. How do you guys find the RS gearing? I've read posts that say it is over geared, but dropping two teeth (ala Nytro) seems like a HUGE change in ratio. I figure with over 80 foot pounds of tork from 6500rpms on up, getting power to the snow with the lower gearing could be a big issue.
I'm coming off a 700sx with power inc. centre dumps +++. This sled was never a big top end sled with stock gearing, but I LOVED the way it pulled. I just don't want to loose a bunch of top end moving over the my Nytro. Any insight into the right balance of ratio would be GREATLY appreciated. As of right now I am leaning towards going up one tooth on top, but that switch is open for debate.
Other than that I figure I'll do the green carb springs and the cr10ek? plugs as well. Every couple of ponies helps. On the clutching side, I've read all of the posts advocating the Ulmer stage three, but I don't have the cash flow this year. Besides which, I have LOTS of yammie clutch stuff at my disposal.(thank you dad.) I'd love to have some hits on this, so expreinced three hole, for stroke tuners do not be shy.
Thanks in advance,

Kyle.

I didn't see your post until now I haven't been following up much on here.I posted on the nytro side.I tested alot of stuff.Pm if you would like I don't like post techincal stuff because there's always someone that will bash you.

Back