• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

after market torsion springs for nytro xtx?

rock doc

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder XTX SE. Previous 2011 Nytro xtx, 2016 Apex GT, 1998 Polaris Indy 600 xlt
I have a 2011 nytro xtx with 8500 miles and it seems the springs are getting tired. The price of the factory springs is too much $$ for me. Anyone know of an aftermarket option?

Nope, call Travis at barn of parts and he can hook you up reasonably with stock or heavier springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That suxs. I am in Canada and those springs are very expensive for some reason. Shipping and duty from the US adds it a lot of cost too.

I added the aftermarket blocks and I think the springs are just tired. If I turn it up the sag does not change much, just gets really stiff. The spring does not appear to be opening up all the way.

when where your shocks last serviced? mine rides like crap when the rear shock has no nitrogen charge left.

I would definitely look into getting shocks refreshed. I had cannondale27 do mine this past fall, big difference.

I will try that....it has been a while since the rear and fronts have been services. It was on the to do list. I did not think that would effect the ride height. I installed the star suspension last year.

Shocks can make a big difference. Mine are serviced every 1500-2000 miles.

Pete

Thanks for all the input. I'll pull the shocks off this weekend and send them out to be serviced.

If you do decide to go wit new springs I would go with the apex springs as they are much stiffer and will eliminate all sag. I trail ride with mine on the second setting which is pretty good for me (260lbs dressed). I was very happy with them this year plus a new shock helped a lot too.

Back