• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

After markets exhaust that looks stock

Ndoggct

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Looking for 18 sidewinder
Who makes the best exhaust that you can make look oem
Got stopped last year in Maine with my hindle and just squeaked by without a ticket
Thanks

Hurricane trail muffler is a stock replica!!
Just take your stock muffler stamped heat shield
And rivet it on the trail muffler! Then you have a completely stock looking muffler!!
Only way to tell is that the inlet is bigger on hurricane trail muffler

That's why they close trails due to the people that run aftermarket exhaust & noise.
Zero comparison to a 2 stroke aftermarket
I have never had 1 complaint of my exhaust being too loud nor do I feel that a 4 stroke exhaust would ever cause a trail closure with minimal dB over stock

Hurricane Trail muffler flows really well and is fairly quiet and looks close to stock

Why not just use the stock muffler? Stock muffler tunes out now so why have the noise and take the risk on a ticket. Heard they are measuring outlets in some places. Going to come down to that more and more now with trails getting closed from noise the dopes that can't stay on the trail.

While I will agree that in a lot of cases trails close due to noise, land owners get pissed and revoke access.

However, any kind of trail muffler on a turbo 4 stroke, is not the problem. There are a LOT of sleds out there, in stock form, way louder than these. And usually, it's the 2strokes with the mountain cans that just brap brap brap brap and can be heard from 1mile away in the 3"of pow right beside the staked trails that kill it for the rest.

While I will agree that in a lot of cases trails close due to noise, land owners get pissed and revoke access.

However, any kind of trail muffler on a turbo 4 stroke, is not the problem. There are a LOT of sleds out there, in stock form, way louder than these. And usually, it's the 2strokes with the mountain cans that just brap brap brap brap and can be heard from 1mile away in the 3"of pow right beside the staked trails that kill it for the rest.
Totally agree. The vast majority of 4S aftermarket mufflers are still way quieter than allot of the 2S cans out there. Remember the triple 2S? All of them were really loud even w stock exhaust. IMO, it's the 2S guys with the "UltraQ" cans and those off the trail that cause land-owners to shut down access.

At least in my neck of the woods and north the DNR has a pretty good handle on the noise makers, but the real problem is....STAY ON THE F'N TRAIL! That in itself will solve the majority of the problems!

Last edited:
Like a old school Yamaha triple, stock, WAY louder than my Winder with SQ muffler. But either way, when I'm on a trail I just drive at consistent throttle. I'm not on/off/on/off/on/off etc trying to be Chris Burrant on my $2000 POS in the ditch or the side of the trail.

I would love to compare two sleds with SM tune and the tune I had. I just cannot see the SM tune and SM being as quick in response. I know when I added the CAI and MODDED muffler the throttle response became snappy as hell. Just don't see stock muffler having that snap. I know they make power but i think for me the corner to corner snap was what made my sled fun! I will be all over the new SS tunes from Dave.

But if the SM tune and SM did have same snap, I would be all over it. Quieter and saving cash not needing to mod a muffler is always nice.

Dan

My SM TUNE 270 buried/annihilated my buddy’s 850 Doo and Apex out of the whole...not even close from the start. And both those sleds are all snap off the line..and run well up top too.

So the (SM) tunes are no joke down low.
But I’m sure there are some gains to be found with modded/aftermarket muffler Tunes however.

The new SS tunes should be interesting for SM crowd and otherwise.

I would love to compare two sleds with SM tune and the tune I had. I just cannot see the SM tune and SM being as quick in response. I know when I added the CAI and MODDED muffler the throttle response became snappy as hell. Just don't see stock muffler having that snap. I know they make power but i think for me the corner to corner snap was what made my sled fun! I will be all over the new SS tunes from Dave.

But if the SM tune and SM did have same snap, I would be all over it. Quieter and saving cash not needing to mod a muffler is always nice.

Dan
Dan I have personally ran most configurations for sm and pm
Spring checked a 2019 zr 9000ltd (brand new and tuned )
I ran the sm 225/240 /270 for 800km(tune and clutch weights only). Then i added cai, 3 bar and Bov and it made a noticeable difference in throttle response and was neck and neck with another competitor pm tune with the same boost pressures of my 270sm !!( the 270 sm is very well calibrated..imo)
At 2000 km I upgraded to the hurricane trail muffler and pm tunes (3bar cai bov) running the 240 270 300 maps! It was a huge difference imo. Where it is noticed is when hammering throttle over humps on trails! From a slow approach to the humps I would wack the throttle and be air born..lol (sm did not do this as aggressively)
This year I added SS tune and Header and just from testing in my yard there is even more throttle response!! From what I tested so far this will be the ultimate trail tune..imo

Last edited:
Dan I have personally ran most configurations for sm and pm
Spring checked a 2019 zr 9000ltd (brand new and tuned )
I ran the sm 225/240 /270 for 800km(tune and clutch weights only). Then i added cai, 3 bar and Bov and it made a noticeable difference in throttle response and was neck and neck with another competitor pm tune with the same boost pressures of my 270sm !! (The 270 tune is a very well calibrated tune..imo)
At 2000 km I upgraded to the hurricane trail muffler and pm tunes (3bar cai bov) running the 240 270 300 maps! It was a huge difference imo. Where is was noticed was hammering throttle over humps on trails! From a slow approach to the humps I would wack the throttle and be air born..lol (sm did not do this as aggressively)
This year I added SS tune and Header and just from testing in my yard there is even more throttle response!! From what I tested so far this will be the ultimate trail tune..imo

My SM TUNE 270 buried/annihilated my buddy’s 850 Doo and Apex out of the whole...not even close from the start. And both those sleds are all snap off the line..and run well up top too.

So the (SM) tunes are no joke down low.
But I’m sure there are some gains to be found with modded/aftermarket muffler Tunes however.

The new SS tunes should be interesting for SM crowd and otherwise.
You are absolutely correct about 270sm!! It's extremely impressive

Back