• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

After markets exhaust that looks stock

You are absolutely correct about 270sm!! It's extremely impressive
I did go head to head with the pm 270 with my my 270 sm from the same tuner and know for sure pm does run stronger but it is obviously expected

ProFlo Muffler Mod seems to be very popular this season. Our mod flows very well and really is as close to stock sounding as you're going to get.

Mike

Attachments

• PFMM.jpg
    PFMM.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 97
  • proflo3[1].jpg
    proflo3[1].jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 115
  • proflo2[1].jpg
    proflo2[1].jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 107
I have a TD SQ, I would love a Stock Mod Muffler but have a hard time swallowing the price LOL not because I don't think it's worth it because there's a tonne of work involved but yeah, that's my dilemma lol

I have a TD SQ, I would love a Stock Mod Muffler but have a hard time swallowing the price LOL not because I don't think it's worth it because there's a tonne of work involved but yeah, that's my dilemma lol
Jay,
I'm sure I can say this on behalf of the vendors that manufacture, we would all much rather sell a performance muffler then a muffler mod. The work that goes into them is double if not triple the amount of work. The gains are very impressive so keep that in mind when pricing becomes questionable. Our Mod makes the same power as our 2.5inch performance muffler however the power does drop off in the higher rpm range in which the free er flowing performance muffler is still climbing. The huge benefit is the stock sounding performance gain!

Take care,

Mike

Jay,
I'm sure I can say this on behalf of the vendors that manufacture, we would all much rather sell a performance muffler then a muffler mod. The work that goes into them is double if not triple the amount of work. The gains are very impressive so keep that in mind when pricing becomes questionable. Our Mod makes the same power as our 2.5inch performance muffler however the power does drop off in the higher rpm range in which the free er flowing performance muffler is still climbing. The huge benefit is the stock sounding performance gain!

Take care,

Mike

Hey Mike, No doubt there's way more work and the price is worth it guaranteed for the Modified Stock Muffler, especially when buying new. I should have bought a Stock Mod to begin with for sure but now when I already have a free-er flowing one it's hard to swallow lol

ProFlo Muffler Mod seems to be very popular this season. Our mod flows very well and really is as close to stock sounding as you're going to get.

Mike
I believe Mikes(Sandale) STOCK MODDED(proflow) is the best there is. I went with another one which did work well and was quiet, but if(when) I build another 998, I will be contacting Mike at Sandale.

Dan

Last edited:
Hey Mike, No doubt there's way more work and the price is worth it guaranteed for the Modified Stock Muffler, especially when buying new. I should have bought a Stock Mod to begin with for sure but now when I already have a free-er flowing one it's hard to swallow lol
Stock modded is the best way to go....I loved mine. It helps when you have an extra stock muffler to send them to mod too. Nice and quiet and I did not feel it got louder over time which some other PM mufflers seem to.

Dan

Stock modded is the best way to go....I loved mine. It helps when you have an extra stock muffler to send them to mod too. Nice and quiet and I did not feel it got louder over time which some other PM mufflers seem to.

Dan

This is why I spent the first 2500km last season on the SQ and the next 3000km on the Stock lol However, I want a bit more performance like I had with the SQ but with it being quieter.....problem is I can sell this for maybe $300 and spend $400 more to have stock one modded......on top of all the other money I spent it just hard to swallow is what I meant. Certainly agree it looks like the best option out there for Stock Mod.

Who makes the best exhaust that you can make look oem
Got stopped last year in Maine with my hindle and just squeaked by without a ticket
Thanks
Either go buy a stock muffler,or have woody in topham take a stock muffler and have him modify it,like he did mine,its still louder than stock,and may still not pass fishcops test,if they look closly they will see how it is tapered down to close to stock outlet diameter,but if they do a test it may still fail. Mine is a stock muffler,that has been modified,it has the looks of stock,until you look close. What tune do you now have?

Yes I fully understand... the amount of money I have thrown away at this "sport" would make someone else very happy lol. You could try a drone buster to kill some of the sound of the SQ that you have.

Mike

Yes I fully understand... the amount of money I have thrown away at this "sport" would make someone else very happy lol. You could try a drone buster to kill some of the sound of the SQ that you have.

Mike
Yeah I hear you on that lol my riding buddy put in one of your Drone Busters on his 1100T with the Super Quiet and while it was good for sound it just wasn't great for performance (this was expected) so I think I would just run the Stock Muffler and Max Spool 16 for Stock muffler if that was the case but trying to inch out as much performance as quietly as possible lol

Back