• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket oil change

ryan11007

Extreme
Looking to see if any one has bought other then yamaha products for oils and filter? If so please include type of oil and part numbers. Also looking for chaincase oil. How do u match filters?
Located in northern ontario canada

Last edited:

I've used Mystic 0W40 for the last 2-3 years and am switching to Canadian Tire oil (which I believe is rebranded Mystic...same bottle different sticker) and a Maxima ProFilter PF 147. IMHO any oil that meets Yamaha specs is a good enough oil but you will probably get as many answers as there is oil on this post. I remember when I changed from 2 stoke to 4 stroke and thought no more oil arguments...boy was I wrong lol. BTW your location would help people better answer your question.

Last edited:
Personally I use Mobil 1 in all my stuff but everyone has their own opinions. Lots of oil threads, just do a search.

Bought 2 rx1s in fall of 2002 and have used mobil 1 0 40 since in apexs vectors sidewinders and all cars and 4 stroke engines (Shell Rotella T synthetic for diesels). Then I use the used mobil 1 for chainsaw bar oil and I can say the burr that typically forms on the bar, has been almost non existent since using the used mobil 1. We have a sawmill and woodstove so they get a lot of use. Whats it all means, who knows...but I like my results.

I also use Mobil 1, figure its available every where and is always rated near TOP of all lists and is not the most expensive

Mobil 1 0W40 European for last 6 years in my Viper. Also use there gear lube in the chain case.

I use wix xp oil filter in a sidewinder. sorry don’t have the part number. I’ve used 0w30, 0w40 and 5w30 mobile one synthetic for years and switch to amsoil 0w30 last year.

K&N makes a nice filter with a nut on the end too. I use them sometimes if I can't find a Yamaha one.

K&N makes a nice filter with a nut on the end too. I use them sometimes if I can't find a Yamaha one.
The Maxima ProFilter has the nut on the end...wonder if it's a rebranded K&N?

Mobile 1 full synthetic with K&N filter # 147 for years now.

I've used Mystic 0W40 for the last 2-3 years and am switching to Canadian Tire oil (which I believe is rebranded Mystic...same bottle different sticker) and a Maxima ProFilter PF 147. IMHO any oil that meets Yamaha specs is a good enough oil but you will probably get as many answers as there is oil on this post. I remember when I changed from 2 stoke to 4 stroke and thought no more oil arguments...boy was I wrong lol. BTW your location would help people better answer your question.
Sorry didnt think of that. Northern Ontario canada. How did u match the filter at canadian tire? What do you use for chaincase oil?

i use the yamaha 0w40 synth oil change kits for the motor as i just do them and i get a good discount at my dealer on them and it doesn't save me much going with aftermarket stuff (usually less than $10 difference).

as to the chain case, i prefer 75w140 royal purple gear lube witch i get at canadian tire. gives me good performance and i can see the level on the dipstick better when i check them. used other 75w90 synthetic too with no big issues.

Im new to Yamaha 4 strokes, Just bought a 16 Viper mtx. Went to dealer and they sold me yamalube 0w/30 syn blend for 18.99 a liter. Not doing that again. Freakin Rip.. Ill be going to C Tire and getting full syn 0w/30 or 40 next time.....
As for filter, Ill keep using the yamaha one.. for now.....

Sorry didnt think of that. Northern Ontario canada. How did u match the filter at canadian tire? What do you use for chaincase oil?
I ordered the filter from fortnine but you can use this to match filter…I use synthetic 75w90 gear oil for chain case.
https://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/AC-Delco/PF1127

Im new to Yamaha 4 strokes, Just bought a 16 Viper mtx. Went to dealer and they sold me yamalube 0w/30 syn blend for 18.99 a liter. Not doing that again. Freakin Rip.. Ill be going to C Tire and getting full syn 0w/30 or 40 next time.....
As for filter, Ill keep using the yamaha one.. for now.....
Canadian tire sells Mobile 1oil filters, M1 108 is the one that works on Yamaha 4 strokes. That’s what I use.

Back