• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket oil change

I use Wix 51358 filter and any Euro Spec 0-40 Syn Oil Amsoil or Mobile doesn't really matter.
Rock Auto for filters about 7.50 each and 3.5 qts oil.
Gear lube 90-140 Amsoil from a 5 gal bucket. Not sure how much due to using a pump.
Change every year regardless of miles. Its cheap insurance.

I use Wix 51358 filter and any Euro Spec 0-40 Syn Oil Amsoil or Mobile doesn't really matter.
Rock Auto for filters about 7.50 each and 3.5 qts oil.
Gear lube 90-140 Amsoil from a 5 gal bucket. Not sure how much due to using a pump.
Change every year regardless of miles. Its cheap insurance.
Thanks ill c where i can get some gear oil. Ill try rock auto next time. Hopping the euro motormaster oil 0w 40 will be ok. Just dont know what to look for. To make sure additives so on dont bother the components. Only grabbed it cause it was on sale.

Rotella T6 full synthetic or Mobile One 0-40. My dealer straight up told me that those are great choices.

What you need to remember is that the manufacturers do not make there own oil or fluids. Case in point: I have a few Polaris quads with the Hillard front differentials. The dealer insists that you use their $20/liter Demand Drive fluid. Spent a few moments on the Hilliard Corporation website and they recommend UTF (Universal Transmission Fluid) which sells for $12/ 4 liters. If the guys that make the parts for Polaris and the US government recommend it, good enough for me. No issues in 10 years and at about an 7th the price

Rotella T6 full synthetic or Mobile One 0-40. My dealer straight up told me that those are great choices.

What you need to remember is that the manufacturers do not make there own oil or fluids. Case in point: I have a few Polaris quads with the Hillard front differentials. The dealer insists that you use their $20/liter Demand Drive fluid. Spent a few moments on the Hilliard Corporation website and they recommend UTF (Universal Transmission Fluid) which sells for $12/ 4 liters. If the guys that make the parts for Polaris and the US government recommend it, good enough for me. No issues in 10 years and at about an 7th the price
Thanks good point. Works for me. What do you use for gear or chaincase oil? A few guys on this tread meantioned a few. But only 2 guys use the same weight. Seems 2 be a wide range. Go with best bang for my buck?

Looking to see if any one has bought other then yamaha products for oils and filter? If so please include type of oil and part numbers. Also looking for chaincase oil. How do u match filters?
Located in northern ontario canada

MotoMaster Synthetic Extreme Pressure Gear Oil, 75W90, 946-mL - used this for years in Vipers and Winders.​

Back