• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket rear shock for 2006 rage

Looked at the picture on BOP. How does the thing work? Now just need to get my shocks done and install a new track. Haven't taken off the old track yet but what I can see anyways. Can't see any clips on one side of the track. Would post pics but keeps saying file to large even though it let me post one on my first post.

I know Travis has different Rate springs based on rider weight. For valving I base it on rider input found by riding with a known good shock and stock adjustments fully tested. There is a huge range on stock shock. Critical to get sag set first. Apex sticky has some great threads for setting up Mono sag. Then the clicker adjustment. You want it as fast as possible without kicking in rear through whoops. If at that point it still bottoms valving is needed. My advice. Get shock refreshed by me. $30. Set sag Free. Start in middle of dial or about 16 clicks out of adjuster if cable is shot or missing.
Have the rear shock off and will get the fronts off this weekend. How do I go about having you do my shocks? Leave the springs on?

Finally got the skid out. I'm not mechanical at all so it was a chor for me.

Its always a chore. Being fluent mechanically is just practice and getting satisfaction from your accomplishments. If you can figure out how to pull the skid, and you get some satisfaction out of figuring it out there is a lot more on the sled you can do. Congrats, you are on your way.

Would post pics but keeps saying file to large even though it let me post one on my first post.
If you're using a computer instead of a mobile device to browse to this forum and upload pictures, I always use Windows Snipping Tool to just snip the image of the picture you are trying to upload.

SnippingTool.JPG

Sometimes when you zoom in when taking a picture, it will be larger in size and cannot be uploaded to the forum. However, if you use the Snipping Tool and save the image you snipped as a new file, you will then be able to upload that file.

Have the rear shock off and will get the fronts off this weekend. How do I go about having you do my shocks? Leave the springs on?

If you remove the springs, you will need to note where they are set. This will get you into the ballpark for sag

You can leave them on or off if you can to save weight. Just give me a call or just package well and send them over with your phone # in box. I call all when I receive them and do initial assessment.

You can leave them on or off if you can to save weight. Just give me a call or just package well and send them over with your phone # in box. I call all when I receive them and do initial assessment.
What's your address?

Highly recommend Steve (aka Cannondale27) doing your shocks as he just refreshed 6 of mine. As for his address, it is in his signature but here it is just in case:

Steve Spiering
4918 County Road B
Manitowoc,WI 54220

Highly recommend Steve (aka Cannondale27) doing your shocks as he just refreshed 6 of mine. As for his address, it is in his signature but here it is just in case:

Steve Spiering
4918 County Road B
Manitowoc,WI 54220
Thanks

Just ordered a dual rate spring from BOP for my rear shock. I just keep spending more money. My wife is going to kill me if she looks at our bank account. Does anyone know what the weight limit is for the stock rear spring?

Even though there is a lot of adjustment for preload while adjusting for sag I would say if you are over half with clip in first position on RA you would benefit from a heavier rate.

reading over quite a few threads about setting up suspension has just confused me. Seems really complicated. When I bought the sled used I just left everything were it was at. I would just turn the dial on the side and that was it. Everything was probably set up for the small woman who was riding it before me. Have learned a lot over the years by trying to do things myself but the suspension has still got me baffled.

Even though there is a lot of adjustment for preload while adjusting for sag I would say if you are over half with clip in first position on RA you would benefit from a heavier rate.
Should I take the old spring off and send the new dual rate spring with the shock?

Should I take the old spring off and send the new dual rate spring with the shock?
No need if you can get it off but be careful doing that. I have a good spring compressor made for it. Also leave the bushings in shock and zip tie so the needle bearings don’t fall out.

No need if you can get it off but be careful doing that. I have a good spring compressor made for it. Also leave the bushings in shock and zip tie so the needle bearings don’t fall out.
I'm really accident prone so I should probably not mess with it then. Opened my hand up with a carpenters knife cutting on my track a couple of years ago. Ended up in the ER to stitch my hand back up. Had to cancel my trip up to snowmobile too.

Back