• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Airbox pulled out for air pods? anyone?

mtdream

TY 4 Stroke Master
anyone pulled the airbox and slapped in some K&N filters or Kickass filters?

I think I'm going to just cut a big a$$ hole in the lid of the airbox and put some mesh/foam/prefilter material over it and see how that works. A new lid is cheap enough if the idea tanks. I'm also thinking in order to remap it properly with the exhaust and airbox a guy will need a wideband A/F guage and a programmer (RB3 for me).

Rx1M5

mtdream said:
anyone pulled the airbox and slapped in some K&N filters or Kickass filters?

I did the K&N on mine. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet though.(all done in the summer) It also left an awesome spot to mount my shock resevoirs from Muffinworks. It does leave a lot of room though for air. Good luck

I am thinking the Prologger, it is like $600 and includes wideband pluss recording etc. ec.

what K&N's did you use? am thinking about running tubes up somewhere to get cold air in, like the light pod or somewhere...

Do not cut a hole in the lid of the FX Nytro, you will see gains down low, but nothing in the mid to top (with a little loss actually). I have a K&N air filter setup coming that will include prefilters and filters for all the vent tubes as well. Do not just put K&N filters directly onto the throttle bodies either or you will sacrifice horsepower as well.

Srxspec said:
Do not cut a hole in the lid of the FX Nytro, you will see gains down low, but nothing in the mid to top (with a little loss actually). I have a K&N air filter setup coming that will include prefilters and filters for all the vent tubes as well. Do not just put K&N filters directly onto the throttle bodies either or you will sacrifice horsepower as well.

well giddy up!!! sounds great, timeline?

FXNytro001-2.jpg

Srxspec said:

How much for that kit Ulmer? What kind of gains are you thinking?

I will have a kit installed for display. I will not have anything for sale at Novi. If you want to order at Novi we will take your order and offer free shipping to you when we get back to our shop after the show.

You can see more information on the setup at http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=62357.

philsummers21 said:
Any chance you will offer a kit with a different filter instead of the K&Ns? Like AFE for example.

Check the regular Nytro section. Their is a K&N section going right now. A guy said his clog in the mountains, but they might work on the trail

philsummers21 said:
Any chance you will offer a kit with a different filter instead of the K&Ns? Like AFE for example.

I looked into some other filters, but didn't find the exact size of filter like I found with the K&N's. They were either too large to fit into the engine compartment area or too small with not enough air flow.

Back