• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

am i screwed ?

sfcjeff

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 rs vector gt
Hey all well my 2006 vector wouldnt start today so i attempted to pull that hose off and presserize the gas tank.

If you're referring to this nipple, it's basically a drain plug for the gas tank vent hose to drain out of. If nipple is busted, you will need to find another way to route gas tank vent hose to exit out the underside of the sled.

T_1.JPG

Last edited:
Nipple on tank?? Or which one you talking??

Screw that pressurizing, pop the airbox lid and give each carb horn a shot of aerosol carb cleaner. It'll fire right up.

I have an old primer button and hose from way back. Suck some premix (chainsaw gas, I run ski doo oil in them),pop the airbox lid, spray a full shot down each yap, pop the airbox on (yes, sometimes flames shoot out) and bring the thunder. Usually takes 5 tries before they start sucking on thier own (these 2 havent run since march) Just did my kids' 2 05 vecters.

Yup that just gives fuel a place to go if it ever came out the vent tube. Do as suggested you’ll be ok!
Did not realize the nipple that the gas tank vent tube plugs into was actually an exit for gas overflow; always thought it was a plugged nipple and hence my reply. I edited my post in light of this. Reason being is if you plug the vent tube, then on that rare occasion there is overflow, gas has no where to exit. I suppose you could just remove the plug to drain the gas if didn't want to reroute the hose to dump out the underside like that nipple was providing.

Did not realize the nipple that the gas tank vent tube plugs into was actually an exit for gas overflow; always thought it was a plugged nipple and hence my reply. I edited my post in light of this. Reason being is if you plug the vent tube, then on that rare occasion there is overflow, gas has no where to exit. I suppose you could just remove the plug to drain the gas if didn't want to reroute the hose to dump out the underside like that nipple was providing.
I’m not sure if that’s the only tank vent if it is you may cause yourself problems down the trail by plugging it and vacuum on the fuel tank. Fuel is rarely going to come out of that line you’d need to be tipped over pretty far. If you have the tools remove the rest of the nipple. Get a smaller hose that slides into the vent line and run it into the opening.

I’m not sure if that’s the only tank vent if it is you may cause yourself problems down the trail by plugging it and vacuum on the fuel tank. Fuel is rarely going to come out of that line you’d need to be tipped over pretty far. If you have the tools remove the rest of the nipple. Get a smaller hose that slides into the vent line and run it into the opening.
ok thanks , i will give it a try.

Even I'm doing a very small shot of starting fluid instead of blowing into the tank. Works like a dream!

Back