• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Amsnow Best 4-Stroke Sled... Thundercat?

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
So the rumblings are just hitting facebook now, and will hit the Amsnow site to come next and then their print magazine.

What is it that makes the Thundercat a better machine than the comparable Sidewinder? And from what I have seen, they just put the first miles on their test sleds recently. That would mean this decision was made on prototypes? That seems like an odd call.

Did AC spend more money on advertising than Yamaha recently with Amsnow? That's always the question I want to ask when I see any journalist picking one product over another.

Discuss....

15871911_10154930745374357_4492735682925308766_n.jpg

They must think the new Yamacat is more cat then Yamaha... it was assembled at a cat facility

Big question is will the sidewinder #2???

Well guys, I think it has to do with how Cat outfits their stock T-cats. Creature features like tunnel flares, bumpers, many size windshields and good skis for a start! Their clutches may have a long history of problems but they do outfit their sleds much better period. Take a look at their website.
I have to call it like it is. Did cat rip their customers off by advertising stuff that would not make Spring Surge production sleds??

Am- Snow has always been pro Cat.. Never anything good about Yamaha.. But that's ok we know the truth..

Mr.sled is 100% correct amsnow are sellouts,they will never sell out to yamaha

You would think people would be happy, the twin to the sidewinder is sled of the year. It appears Cat stole Yamaha's thunder! Pun intended! As Yamaha moves more towards being an engine builder and away from being a Sled builder one may have to get used to that! As an Apex rider I already have. Although they did talk up the Apex XTX a bit long time ago in a universe far far away!

Please these magazines are a joke. The issue I have is the lack of quantified testing and the subjective opinions. My simple question to them has been:

What is the best trail sled? i.e. A comparative test of each manufacturers flagship trail sled.

Breaking up manufacturers flagship sleds into 2s/4s engine classes is very silly. The truth is they won't put the ski-doo 800/850 up against the 998t powered sleds for fear of being embarrassed. This is why there's now a new '850cc 2-stroke class.' Give me a break.

They all speak of "corner acceleration", "handling" and "ride comfort". So take your best riders, close off a section of trail and take out the stopwatch. Then we will see real data on each sleds performance.

One of the other magazines gave the ski-doo 850 "sled of the year honors" over the Sidewinder because its equipped with an adjustable riser.

So Yamaha gives the consumer a silken bulletproof power-plant that makes 204hp with razor throttle response and these folks pick a 2-stroke 160hp paint mixer.

Come on.

I have not ridden either sled, Thunder cat or Sidewinder. But, I did read that the Thundercat had a much better feel for the trail. Ie, much better ski's. This is not a surprise to me, as nearly everyone on this board hates the Tuner ski's. Heck I have 5 sets of tuners sitting in the shop as pull off ski's. None of my customers want them.

Well guys, I think it has to do with how Cat outfits their stock T-cats. Creature features like tunnel flares, bumpers, many size windshields and good skis for a start! Their clutches may have a long history of problems but they do outfit their sleds much better period. Take a look at their website.
I have to call it like it is. Did cat rip their customers off by advertising stuff that would not make Spring Surge production sleds??

There is no bumper on the Thundercat in the photo above. Not disagreeing, as I have seen the fender flares.

Back