• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

An interesting issue (no reverse)

buddah

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder B-TX LE
So I come in from a nice 100+ mi ride and park my sled behind the Odyssey nose in........figured I'd back it into the garage later like "normal"........so I go out 45 min. later, start her up, and reverse won't engage......chaincase doesn't click, basically nothing......acts like you never pushed the button. I tried bumping it forward a couple of times, still nothing.......button still dead........I finally had to drag it out of the way with my Suburban (no room to turn around). Ideas???? Please!!??!!

Seriously? Damn near an hour and not a single additional view? Where's all the supposed help?

I have a 15, but thought I read something regarding a reverse switch recall/update for some 2014 vipers. Check your VIN with your dealer. Perhaps someone on here that had it done could chime in. That sucks, hope you get it fixed.

some of the actuators are taking a dump on people. i believe if you disconnect it and use a volt meeter you can see 12 volts there when the button is pushed.

Reverse actuator is most likely dead. Check your fuse. Mine quit Saturday also. Ordered a new one today. Will be here Thursday.

Reverse actuator is most likely dead. Check your fuse. Mine quit Saturday also. Ordered a new one today. Will be here Thursday.
Which fuse? Where? Worked fine earlier in the day and now, nada..............

That is the same way mine was. I rode 120 miles and then went to backup, it went in reverse then nothing. Had to pull actuator off to put in forward to go home. Sucked. Fuse box is up by coolant bottle. Little black box.

You have to pull the hood to get at fuses. Also sucks.

I would bet the actuator took a crap...

Most likely. That is almost always the issue when you hit the button and get nothing. Been that way since 2012! I would think Cat would improve this part. I've only gone through one. Knock on wood. Sometimes you can remove it and if it's locked up you can free it
up and it will work again, but then it will usually crap out again.

I would bet your actuator is fried. Happened to mine. Worked fine when i put it away last spring. This winter it wouldn't work just like yours. 670 miles on sled at the time. Luckily it was covered under warranty.

Seriously? Damn near an hour and not a single additional view? Where's all the supposed help?

BTW.... I just dont sit here and wait for people to post... I do have a day job!! Sorry but this really set off a nerve for me...if it was in such high demand... we have phones and you do have our numbers.

I was busy too. When put in search was 7 pages of info to read. Sorry Buddah.

I had same thing happen last year. It was actuator. My new one is much more forcefull louder faster clunk when going in or out. Hopefully will last many years.

Back