• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

And you thought I was just trollin...lol

Heritage

Expert
The Cat is gone...and I pick this up saturday.

PhazerFx2-1.jpg

My first 4 stroke..I hope it's not too slow...I know I am gonna enjoy not smelling like a chain saw, and not having to buy 2 cycle oil anymore..and 20-22 mpg will be really nice...my cat got 9-10 mpg at best.

I just hope it performs decent..I don't need a 100 mph rocket...but don't want a pooch either.

Nice ride. What kind of camera did you use for that picture? I would never have to work again if I had a camera that could see that far into the future!! ;)!

I love my Phazer so I'm not trying to be a downer... but you most likely will never see 20-22mpg. I ride my sled pretty hard and can't get 120 miles out of a tank without running on fumes. I have an '07 so it's an 8 gallon tank... do the math, I usually get about 15-16mpg. But still much better than 9-10mpg.

20+ mpg isn't out off the question. On a moderate pace trail cruise at 40-50mph i have no issues pulling 20+ with my mtx. Riding hard/agressive it drops to the 16-17mpg range.

I also see 16mpg regularly, and got 18 once when I was doing club rides from Thurs-Saturday.

Tbyrd said:
7000 miles = 12mpg
But I do not cruise and it's a mtx

Nice sled, don't want to hijack but why would the mtx have a better mpg?

yam177 said:
LOL some of my races I only got 80 miles to a full tank.

I would say that about right. Started munising with a full tank after day one had to put 4.3 gal in and still did not have a full tank.

Ridndirty said:
Nice ride. What kind of camera did you use for that picture? I would never have to work again if I had a camera that could see that far into the future!! ;)!

Don't know what camera it was I'll ask the guy that took the picture..lol

BTW after reading all of your tips...I am going to put 96 studs down the center...hopefully this will cure some of the tail wag I read about..also..I want to reverse the ski boots, and put dually's on it (six inch)..but (and you might think I am stupid for saying this)...after looking at the skis..I thought WTF are they talking about (reverse the ski boots)??? Anybody clue me in?? Also If I do that and add dually's... will that make it handle nice??? Anybody have any experience with dually's on a phazer?? I don't want to buy new skis..nor do I want to buy 195 dollar wear rods (triple points)...just not in my budget at this time...that is also why I chose to stud the track (or will be), instead of buying a deeper lug track..sled will mainly be used on northern wisconsin trails...and Western Upper Michigan.

If what I have read is correct...I probably won't be real happy with the phazer on the Bill Nichol's trail after it's been freshly groomed..probably get left in the dust by my buds...but...sounds like it will be a fun woods sled near my home (Tomahawk area)..lots of curvy narrow trails through the woods, and swamps...can't wait to get some seat time next winter, and get every thing dialed in to my liking.

Back