• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another end of a season........

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
Well another sand season has ended.Only got a little under 400km on the raptor this season(very few days off work :exc: ) .7 skulls racked up 18hrs on his ride.Looking back the season with free time and good weather combined was pretty much none existent.One bright side is I found a sweet set-up with my stock suspension.Its much better now and it flys like a butterfly in the air(Quad feels fifty pounds lighter).I will post the set-up soon.Heres pics from today......

Attachments

• nov 11 2015 last ride of the season (9).JPG
    nov 11 2015 last ride of the season (9).JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 361
  • nov 11 2015 last ride of the season (6).JPG
    nov 11 2015 last ride of the season (6).JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 373
  • nov 11 2015 last ride of the season (4).JPG
    nov 11 2015 last ride of the season (4).JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 339

As promised here is the settings.Front shocks,Springs stock preload,High speed=1/4 turn Clockwise from lowest setting,Low speed=7 clicks counter clock wise back from all the way turned in(can,t turn clockwise any more),Rebound=22 clicks counter clock wise back from full turned in.Rear shock,Set preload a little softer to get the rear setting a little lower than the front when your seated on the quad(measure under the foot pegs),High speed= 3 full turns counter clock wise from full in,Rebound=17 clicks counter clockwise from full in,Low speed=7 clicks counter clock wise from full turns in.This setup is great but I weight 250lbs with full gear so be aware of your weight.Enjoy ;)!

Nice thank you.

A little update,just discovered my rear axle bearings are shot.Going to bit the bullet and get an aftermarket axle carrier(RPM or Durablue).Give update later....

In the process of installing the LSR axle carrier(Had to remove the axle with the carrier still on it).Seems it rusted to the inner shaft.A little liquid wrench and a few taps of a hammer freed it off the axle.Both inner bearings were pretty bad(Quad saw very little water but the overtighten chain didn,t help :o| .Heres a pic of the carrier.

Attachments

• WP_20151126_005.jpg
    WP_20151126_005.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 316
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 324
Heated up the swing-arm(heat gun)and installed the frozen carrier(Greased up inside and out).This one doesn,t use any OEM O-rings on the inner race,just lots of grease.I also lined up the middle hole with the punch mark for the chain adjustment.Tomorrow I will :exc: .install the axle.

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    452.3 KB · Views: 333
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    437.4 KB · Views: 328
looking good

All done.Only trouble was getting the axle in(heat gun on carrier helped)and getting the hub on(seems hitting on one side of the axle with a socket blunted the splines,dermel tool/sanding bit cured it).Adjustments are simpler when it comes to chain tension(Comes with a cool little rod).Hope it last.Now its time fog the motor and remove the battery for the winter(just had 20cm of snow,but its pretty much gone now).

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    531.5 KB · Views: 332

Back