• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another flat land Turbo

Good to see Ski Doo has responded to the Polaris Boost with a water injected 850 TurboR MXZ
Love the competition.
Yup, didn't pull the trigger last year.
I've been waiting for Doo to build another yellow & black hotrod that I actually like.
Also has the push button non battery start.
This just might be the machine.

Given their description of how it operates, it seems like it is there as a safety mechanism. 12 seconds at WOT before it kicks in on cold days or sooner on hot days, can use the entire tank in back to back lake runs or it lasts up to 1000km of 'normal' riding.

We talked about this on my boost and decided not to but I guess maybe a revisit
I like it

The take away for me is that the two stroke die-hards hoping to tune-up an 850 to run all day with HP well into the mid 200's on 91 pump gas are dreaming.(or maybe having nightmares)

Trailleader will have to change his moniker to Trailfollower..... ;)

Given their description of how it operates, it seems like it is there as a safety mechanism. 12 seconds at WOT before it kicks in on cold days or sooner on hot days, can use the entire tank in back to back lake runs or it lasts up to 1000km of 'normal' riding.

I put Meth injection on my old Turbo Z1. It wouldn't last a hundred miles on the trail/lake with a gallon tank!
Not good to rely on Meth to cool a turbo snowmobile IMO.

When I heard Doo was going to do this from the factory I couldn't believe it, but if they're waiting to inject till 12 seconds into a full pull I guess it'd last forever. We dont have many trails here were I can pull 12 seconds at WFO on my Winder but I'm making way more power than a stock 850 turbo too! At 12 seconds into WFO on my Winder, I'm already in to track blowing danger zone too.....

Not real dollars, Canadian. For comparison I can get a 23 LTX LE for 23k.

1676991568600.png

Just realized its a 137 track only.
Well that kills it for me.
I still want a 128/129.

No, either 129 or 137
I don't think so. I hope I'm wrong but, their only showing 137 for the turbo model.
129 or 137 for the rest of the MXZ lineup.
Do the build, only 137 showing for that one.

The take away for me is that the two stroke die-hards hoping to tune-up an 850 to run all day with HP well into the mid 200's on 91 pump gas are dreaming.(or maybe having nightmares)

Trailleader will have to change his moniker to Trailfollower..... ;)
Hey hey hey
No way
I want something fast for 660
Say 5.6 660 on snow and I’ll be happy
and I can trail ride it still
Honestly trying other stuff because I don’t know what cat is going to do and I think they also follow suit with a turbo two smoke
I am getting a pro star 4 to mess with
Lots of room under the hood to make some big hp
And I have used meth injection in past on Suzuki 1100
I do have a 998 you know!!!

Back