• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another flat land Turbo

Well I guess the truth hurts
Haha
Anyway the sled will be fast like the boost
The 850 doo motor is pretty decent
More competition makes it good for us all
I can't believe all three manufacturers have turned to the 2s to turbo. I can honestly say, I didn't see that coming, like if you asked me 5yrs ago.

I can't believe all three manufacturers have turned to the 2s to turbo. I can honestly say, I didn't see that coming, like if you asked me 5yrs ago.
Just proves the point we live in a totally throw away society, quality and longevity mean very little nowadays. It’s all about the latest and greatest……ride it for a couple seasons, discard, start the process over again. A 2-stroke turbo aligns perfectly with this mentality.

I don’t totally agree
I do agree with JT as I said I’d never own a 2 stroke again a few years back
I like them and how much I can do myself with a file lol
Easy to work on
Fast and there is no one that wouldn’t have a smile on there face riding one
Just don’t tell your buddies
:sled2::sled1:

Just proves the point we live in a totally throw away society, quality and longevity mean very little nowadays. It’s all about the latest and greatest……ride it for a couple seasons, discard, start the process over again. A 2-stroke turbo aligns perfectly with this mentality.
Honestly, Stubbs..no truer words have been spoken. Nailed!
I've only heard stories of poor build quality on these sleds, wafer thin body plastics & Mickey mouse size shafts.
Good analogy on this one, Stubbs
The day is here & the time is now....

Last edited:
interesting
I drive a diesel truck and it will by far outlast any garbage gas truck. Has more hp power and torque and pulls a trailer like it’s not behind me. I like a certain brand too btw. Same argument but options are nice.
I happen to think both skidoo and Polaris have a lot of higher end qualities that cat
All what you want to do.

I told my wife if Skidoo comes out with a turbo 850 trail sled I was buying..............and here we are.

We bought her an 850 this year after totaling her '14 Venture GT last year. She absolutely loves it............and I kind of do too. Comparing my SW to the MXZ I prefer the front of the SW and the rear of the MXZ. I still prefer the power of the SW especially on high speed trails. I rode her MXZ on Saturday of the Giveaway ride weekend and it rips but doesn't have the long legs of SW at higher speeds. Honestly, if I could marry the 2 I think it would be perfect. Maybe the 850 Turbo is it.......

Never fear, with all that, my SW isn't leaving the stable yet. We will see how much I ride it next year.

Side note, I also ordered a Skidoo NEO+ to replace the Phazer for the kids. While I'm looking to get them into a newer machine, I'm honestly tired of changing engine oil. It's so much easier to just top off the oil on a 2 stroke, especially on a machine that sees very few miles per year.

I'll also add the Skidoo fit and finish is superior to AC/Yamicat. It's not to Yamaha Japan standards by any means. I'm not sure anyone ever will.

True.
I will never own another two-stroke for my trail sled. The ONLY advantage they have is less weight.
I don't like the sound, the smell, the narrow power band, and the soft bottom end power.
I also never want to go back to carrying oil or burning it.
I still think the writing is on the wall for the two stroke engine.

Hahaha
True.
I will never own another two-stroke for my trail sled.
I said this too dangit
But like Ricky Bobby I want to go fast so….
The nice thing in the turbo two stroke is at 100 mph it cruises like the 4 stroke
N/a does not at all
If you were close to here I’d let you take it for a spin
Maybe a convert
Lol

Last edited:
22,199 USD :oops:

Maybe im bias. I just cant fathom paying that much for a two stroke engine.
You’re paying for a couple engines though. No one can convince me that the factory warranty isn’t included in the price.

Good to see Ski Doo has responded to the Polaris Boost with a water injected 850 TurboR MXZ
Love the competition.
DOO had the Turbo 2S first & everyone KNEW it would be on a Trail sled.
Polaris followed them & then brought it to the Trail first to beat them.
Maybe they put some more time into it than POO.

I don't think either sled has an Intercooler do they?

Back