• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another hand warmer problem

kennyspec

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
nytro
Hey guys we all know the Nytro handwarmers suck the big one. I have a 08 mix with a yamaheater thumb and handwarmers kit with boost! The handwarmers are still #*$&@. Sometimes I can't feel any heat at all. Then all of a sudden they are so hot they almost melt, then 2 min later they are cold again. I almost am thinking the element has a short in it.

I don't really like the idea of the element being wrapped around the bars and then the grip slid over it. On my 07 phazer the heater element was integrated right into the grip. I was also looking at the specs and the resistance of the stock Nytro grip element is about 6 to 8 ohms. And the resistance of the Nytro grip is about 3 to 6 I believe. So would installing the phazer grip with lower resistance equal more heat? Pretty much the same idea as the guys who swapped on the 06 apex bars........

Back