• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another "no start" (dead sled) question

TY4fitzski

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha VK Pro
Hi folks;
'07 VK Pro that had been starting just fine until this past weekend, when I started it up per normal, but it was struggling a bit more than normal while things warmed up and would stall when I turned down the choke. After restarting a couple of times, it has now quit completely - I've got absolutely nothing happening when turning the key - no lights, no clicks or buzzes, nothing.

Checked fuses (including main starter fuse, under the airbox). Battery is good. Given the process leading to apparent death, cycling the key, I'm suspecting the ignition switch itself - how can I diagnose (bypass?) the ignition switch? I've got it pulled out... 4-pin connector as such:
1643065253404.png

And yes, kill switch is pulled out. :)

Thanks... assuming I get past this, I'll have other questions about a persistent overheat condition that I can't figure out, either.

Hi folks;
'07 VK Pro that had been starting just fine until this past weekend, when I started it up per normal, but it was struggling a bit more than normal while things warmed up and would stall when I turned down the choke. After restarting a couple of times, it has now quit completely - I've got absolutely nothing happening when turning the key - no lights, no clicks or buzzes, nothing.

Checked fuses (including main starter fuse, under the airbox). Battery is good. Given the process leading to apparent death, cycling the key, I'm suspecting the ignition switch itself - how can I diagnose (bypass?) the ignition switch? I've got it pulled out... 4-pin connector as such:
View attachment 165582

And yes, kill switch is pulled out. :)

Thanks... assuming I get past this, I'll have other questions about a persistent overheat condition that I can't figure out, either.
Jump the starter relay maybe , if it cranks, see if the switch has power. Grounds on upper frame and in general ok ? Salt ?

Back