• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another one bites the dust

how are we supposed to ride a "rough trail" sled exept hard? the pictures on the internet and on posters are of them being jumped and riden hard unless the s*** is airbrushed!??????

the way i found out the my subframe was bent is the skies had a toe out when before the ride they didnt lol (maby 1 inch or 2) and the right front shock wasnt cnetered in the per a-arm and the left one was. i checked my right spindle and its leaning forward about 1/4 inch and my left back 1/4 inch.

sub frame

I took this picture from another post, this fellow put in a X brace where the 09's have a plate. I feel one needs to tie the two sections together. I marked it with a RED X. This what we will do to our sleds in prep for the Iron Dog.

Attachments

• subframe 2.JPG
    subframe 2.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 64
  • clip3.JPG
    clip3.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 70
theCATman said:
FxsX24 said:
there are a few guys running normal rtx in snox, at the time i talked to one of them he had a few races on it, and was placing in the middle of the pack, nothing about sub frames bending though

Not factory pros there isn't. Maybe semi-pro & the local yocals though.

yeah they are locals, but how are they not bending sub frames after jumping a 90 ft tabletop or pounding through a minefield ?

i think the reason why there not bending the subframes is because all the jumps and sutff are made of snow so hiting them make lots of up and down force but not much twisting force like for example runing over a log with one skie going around a small corner. i have been trying to keep track of how poeple bend there subframes and so far its when people hit things with one skie.

If you read my post. (Bent lower a arm.) I have these same issues. But found nothing bent. My friends new sub frame had paint missing on the welds out of the box. You have to look for flaking paint not missing paint. In my case it looks like its off from the factory. Every thing moves free nothing sprung. But I'm up for any suggestions. Also my friends a arms are centered with his new frame. He had a Phazer and said that he thought that the upper arms where not centered on that.

Back