• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another poll...this is for everyone with a sidewinder

What is your Center to Center distance?

• Total voters

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
Doing this poll because I thought the engine was in a "fixed" position, but to some that have posted the engine can be rotated or moved a few millimeters.

For the sidewinder, the center is 264.5mm ± 2.5mm for the 8JP belt

Mine is 265.1MM and not 1 belt blown this season. Offset is just a tad over the high limit also.

This requires pretty precision measuring. I want to double check mine but it was 262.

This requires pretty precision measuring. I want to double check mine but it was 262.

Kinda, but hoping to see if the lower numbers is more problematic than the higher numbers

Agreed, I think that might be spot on. Only a mm one way or the other could have an impact so I'm hoping for as much accuracy as possible.

The only way I can measure C-to-C (even inaccurately) is with the primary installed, @ClutchMaster had posted to measure off the primary shaft like this, which I come up with 246mm, add to it the 20.5 and I'm at 266.5 mm and "maybe" have my belt issues solved.

C822A879-3533-4B52-89CF-1ACC2415CB11.jpeg

Remeasured mine, checked my notes and confirmed 261.5mm, which is out of spec, under the 262mm minimum. This could be why my primary has to move over so far before starting to shift. I'm at 58.7mm offset and my dogleg says the secondary needs to go in further still. Yet at idle the secondary is over so far that the belt is doglegged out at the primary and rubbing on the primary inner sheave.

Mine is exactly 262mm.
I SNAPPED 1 belt at 900 miles stock & another while testing so would that be a "belt blower"? If left alone, it most likely would blow a belt every 1000 miles or so.

Mine is exactly 262mm.
I SNAPPED 1 belt at 900 miles stock & another while testing so would that be a "belt blower"? If left alone, it most likely would blow a belt every 1000 miles or so.

Not really a belt blower but marginal. For example I have 950 miles on my Carlisle belt, most at 270hp, with 7~8 Radar runs at 310 horsepower. My gearing is 24/41 which makes matters worse. I’m just now starting to feel harder engagement and this will be the third time I have adjusted belt deflection, which is telling me it’s time! Your at 210hp I would expect longer life.

FYI I ride almost as hard as “No Fear”ART so you know I’m beating it pretty good. Lol

Mine is exactly 262mm.
What's your offset?

265.112 for me ,blew 1 xs belt testing .sled has 2800 miles .

My offset was 61.5. I removed the 1mm washer so now it's 60.5.
I now have 4800 miles spread out over 7 belts. I tried different belts & 2 are for towing. (my 2-stroke boys bought 4-strokes this year).
I have 2 8JP's with over 800 miles that look pretty good. Next week i should have over 1500 to 2000 miles on one belt. THAT will be the test for me.

Last edited:
Is it normal for a sled model to have this much different dimensions sled to sled?

The reason i ask is this.
Some of us want to improve a certain part of our riding such as top end, bottom snap or maybe belt longevity.
We don't have time, parts or know how so we rely on aftermarket products to test & sell us the product to match our demands.
If they test with a certain offset or center to center AND ours is different, there may be different results.
This makes it hard for the aftermarket company to dial in a customers sled. It's not really fair, but that's life!

If the dimensions are the same on every sled, we would have similar results.
I mean 1mm is one thing. 3mm?
Is this just the Arctic Cat DNA or is this "normal"?

This thread may help answer some questions.
It may pose more also.
That's why i want to answer the poll as best as possible.

Is it normal for a sled model to have this much different dimensions sled to sled?

The reason i ask is this.
Some of us want to improve a certain part of our riding such as top end, bottom snap or maybe belt longevity.
We don't have time, parts or know how so we rely on aftermarket products to test & sell us the product to match our demands.
If they test with a certain offset or center to center AND ours is different, there may be different results.
This makes it hard for the aftermarket company to dial in a customers sled. It's not really fair, but that's life!

If the dimensions are the same on every sled, we would have similar results.
I mean 1mm is one thing. 3mm?
Is this just the Arctic Cat DNA or is this "normal"?
The assembly in TRF is not nearly as precise as it was in Japan, and likely never will be. Not bashing the US built products, but it’s a fact, and Yamaha knows this.

Back