• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another whats-it-worth thread

Depends on who wants to buy it, I sold an 05 RX1 stock with 1500 miles for $3,900 last winter at the end of season. I had people calling me all night and day about it. I sold it to upgrade to an 06 Apex GT, almost mint condition with 1500 miles, Pioneer performance Clutch kit and Revalve on the shock for $4,200. Also came with 4 sets of new carbides, 4 spare belts and a sled lift. I know this was a killer deal but finding this deal I couldn't imagine paying the same for a sled with 10,000 plus miles. Then again I know someone who just bought an 07 attack with 9,000 miles for $5,800.

DigitalFusion said:
I appreciate everyones input, but my mind is all but made up. The Apex just doesnt 'fit' me.

Having said that, I wonder if I shouldnt sit down and try and come up with a spreadsheet of what I could realistically get from parting her out. I'd hate to do it, but the skid alone cost me like 2200 after it was all said and done. I dont even have the option to put the stock one back in. Some random person started our house on fire shortly after I got the ZX2 installed, and while I was transporting the snowmobile parts to the house insurance company put us in, my damned tailgate opened and the stock skid went flying out, i wasnt even able to recover it.

Selling it for 4500 seems too painful.

Buy a stock skid for next to nothing and throw it in, get some money out of your ZX2, or buy a sled that your ZX2 fits.

My current sled is the first out of my last 8 sleds that didn't have an M-10. My new strategy is buy a good suspension, and then keep moving that suspension to my next sled.

Digital I too have an 06 APEX 12k miles, new bearings, new ice ripper track and I would take 3500 for it. But I have the need for it a couple times a year for family or friends to Ride so I don't try hard to sell it. I porbably should, but last night just driveing across the yard into the trailer I started to think I like this 4 cylinder 4 stroke.....I really shouldn't start thinking like that.

I have always found what its worth to me and what I can get for it are not the same. No help I know, sorry Just like your sled and am in the same place.

MidwestMike said:
DigitalFusion said:
I appreciate everyones input, but my mind is all but made up. The Apex just doesnt 'fit' me.

Having said that, I wonder if I shouldnt sit down and try and come up with a spreadsheet of what I could realistically get from parting her out. I'd hate to do it, but the skid alone cost me like 2200 after it was all said and done. I dont even have the option to put the stock one back in. Some random person started our house on fire shortly after I got the ZX2 installed, and while I was transporting the snowmobile parts to the house insurance company put us in, my damned tailgate opened and the stock skid went flying out, i wasnt even able to recover it.

Buy a stock skid for next to nothing and throw it in, get some money out of your ZX2, or buy a sled that your ZX2 fits.

My current sled is the first out of my last 8 sleds that didn't have an M-10. My new strategy is buy a good suspension, and then keep moving that suspension to my next sled.

that might be some good advice there. I guess I just assumed stock skids werent cheap.

DigitalFusion said:

Sledding should never be a business transaction on a spread sheet!! We would all quit the sport then!

You should be able to find someone like me or I am sure others on here willing to send you a stock suspension plus money. Same with most all of your parts and then you could sell it stock for 3800 and hopefully get half of what you had in upgrades. I dont know what the ZX2 is worth but 2200 new I would think (just a guess) 1000 plus a stock one in decent shape seems like it would be fair.

Hang on to that Apex, the Viper is the most underwhelming sled I've driven, it's not special or unique in any way plus, there will be many, many teething problems w/the sled. After selling the Apex for a Viper, you may find you miss it too much. I sold my Attak for a Doo, I'm happy w/the Doo's but damn, I miss that Yamaha (not AC) goodness of the Attak, I wish I kept it. Nothing wrong w/2 horses in the barn.

I appreciate the dont sell comments. Of course I would miss the apex. I love the machine for the most part. However, I cant help but start to finally admit that it might not be the right fit for me, whereas the viper might be the right fit. I dont want this to turn into a viper thread, but I will say this. Everything that has been posted in this thread thus far about the Viper has either been a reference to the demo selds that had clutching and mapping issues that are not present in the production models, or are issues that people seem to only be reading the titles of threads posted in the viper section. Its a first year machine. It has a few quirks to be worked out. Besides...if I proceed, it would most likely be to snow check a 2015 viper.

Anyways, Im still torn on the part out vs sell out right options. I have many offers on the ZX2 already, and two offers on the seld as a whole. I dont know what to do!

I would go 1 more year on the apex you wont loose any money either through part out or sell as a whole. JMO But then again thats me If i buy a viper it will get a turbo or SC I`m torn to viper or apex not have driven the new ones with P/S idk!! But the older i get the more weight i gain I am looking for a lighter weight sled than the Apex

I just got quoted 3500$ for a trade in for my 06.....doesn't seem worth even if he has two 2011 apex with 1/3 the mileage mine has for 9200$ I don't feel it is a deal. I think I am going to wait instead of doing payments get a brand new machine pay for it cash. I just put a lot of money into my sled too and I feel I just got it right this year, feel like I should get some good use out of it.

Back