• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anti freeze

i have used yamacool (blue), prestone universal anifreeze and the aftermarket blue antifreeze for nissan vehicles with no ill results.

X2 on the Yamacool.

Test the freeze point of the antifreeze, set to -35 F to -40F , helps a lot with over heating onSidewinders

Since Yamacool comes pre-mixed at 60/40, are you suggesting one still might need to dilute with water to get proper range?

Since Yamacool comes pre-mixed at 60/40, are you suggesting one still might need to dilute with water to get proper range?

That is what I do, diluting with Water Wetter.

I use the blue 50/50 premixed for Asian cars + some Water Wetter.

The Anti-Freeze debate is second only to the Oil-Debates we "discuss" every year. Lots of opinions.

Here are a few things to consider when choosing a coolant:

1. Stick to manufactures' recommendations on type of coolant i:e Ethylene Glycol
2. Water actually dissipates heat better, but obviously freezes & can corrode or rust components
3. PURE Anti-freeze CAN'T work without water & is 35% less efficient on it's own
4. There are Anti-corrsion additives & inhibitors added to coolants such as Silicates, Nitrates & Phosphates. Some are NO good in certain motors.
5. If water is added, make sure it is Distilled because "regular" water has GOD knows what in it
6. Clean up your mess because dogs can die from licking up coolant & it tastes good to them. NOT a JOKE!

Run a Brand Name 60/40 recommended pre-mix.
If having some issues then drop it to 50/50 with WaterWetter.

P.S: I like dogs!

Last edited:

Back