• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anxious to ride but i have a bogging issue- PLEASE HELP

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 RS Vector LTX, 2010 Phazer GT
2009 LTX. No mods. Had an issue of blowing fuses once the key is turned on. Bad ignition unit was grounding my power. Resolved the problem with a used unit from a friend's 09 Viking. This machine was sitting around collecting dust for close to 3 years until I recently picked it up from a family member. After solving the power issue, it ran with a few more tweaking here and there involved. I now start it up and it seems to run a little rough off idle and once I get the engine up to 4000- 4300, it falls out and just bogs. I don't have any codes(anymore), new fuel, fresh lube, cleaned all throughout. What I need help with is the carbs. Is there a certain trick that someone here uses to clean them? I mean, really clean! Please help!

Sounds like it could be a TORS problem. That means your throttle override system might not be working properly. Lots of info if you do a quick search.

lots of guys swear by the ultrasonic cleaner.

throw a new set of pilot jets in it and set the throttle cable gap. sounds like that should get it running right.

Well, after pulling the carbs and doing a very serious second cleaning, it only runs a little smoother. Took a while to start and in doing so, I noticed that it took a very long time for it to fire atleast once. This had me concerned because it did sit for a while and there was fuel that had varnished itself in the bowl of the carbs. I thought, "it isn't getting enough fuel!". Pulled the lines off the carb ends of the lines and sure enough, very little fuel pumping while cranking. I currently have pumps on order and going to run new filters as well. I will use the camera from work to see what else is hiding in the fuel tank to make sure this "issue" doesn't happen again, restriction wise.

A buddy of mine here in Bethel, Alaska has his own Yamaha dealership and an ultrasonic cleaner.(speaking of it, he had just used it on an '05 Vector carb set) If I have the carbs out again, that is definitely what I will be doing.

Thanks guys. I'll let you know what the outcome is.

VICTORY IS MINE!!

I figured it out! It was a fuel issue. Got the pump assembly out and figured I'd take them apart to clean them. Once I did, i noticed that somebody has taken these apart before. I found that out because the small spring and plastic for the valve was on the wrong end of the rubber and couldn't shut it. Therefore, insufficient fuel flow. Pump was working just fine. Just not flowing the proper way. After getting all this situated, I had starter relay problems. Once that was resolved, I now have a genuine working sled!! Thanks for all your input and help with this. I'll be around to help anyone else in need as well.

Back