• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any aftermarket fix for oil starvation issue during wheelying?

1st ride on my 2015 turbo viper ..... I climb a chute in chute I notice oil light is on while wheelying up the chute it goes into limp mode loosing all power then shuts off slides backwards and digs in! I think oh cool we are stopping wrong the track digs in and starts an avalanche that either would have been behind me as I went over the top or never happened! Anyway I was pretty irritated and have been looking for a fix ..... I think I can modify where the oil tank is and reroute exhaust back to where oil tank is now and fix the problem but if anyone knows of an aftermarket company making a fix for the losing oil prime I would be glad to hear about it? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 263

Some guys are using a resistor to fool the ecu. Whether damage from no oil is occurring I don't know. Other option is to wait and see how the Sidewinder system works. This is about the 4th redesign of oil tank so might be right.

Is it the design of tank or the fact that the tank is a ft lower than the engine in an extremely vertical wheelie making it harder to suck oil from the tank? ...... The Nytro tank is inline with the engine.

Some guys are using a resistor to fool the ecu. Whether damage from no oil is occurring I don't know. Other option is to wait and see how the Sidewinder system works. This is about the 4th redesign of oil tank so might be right.

Thanks I overfilled the tank by about 1/2 qt and it didn't have an issue after that and last weekend I put it into some pretty good long wheelies! What exactly does the pig tail you describe do? And do you still over fill your tank?

Alpine Motorsports has the oil switch Pigtail, 250-804-4334
I use it and it works well.

Update,
alpine does not like selling these pigtail connectors anymore. There has been damage found from using them. They have built a new oil tank that sits in front of the motor that hold 7L of oil.
Although this tank will not work for me with the mcx air to air taking up that space.
Also the extra oil is just adding needless weight in my opinion.

Over filling the oil a little seemed to have fixed it on my brothers turbo viper, but we ride flatland, so not sure if pulling a wheelie is the same angle as climbing a chute. Super annoying, and it sound dangerous in the mountains.

Over filling the oil a little seemed to have fixed it on my brothers turbo viper, but we ride flatland, so not sure if pulling a wheelie is the same angle as climbing a chute. Super annoying, and it sound dangerous in the mountains.

Angle could well be similar. The time at that angle is also a factor. Some steep pulls in the mountains are measured in minutes and not seconds.

You can only add so much oil then it will spit it out the breather. Also if the breather is left untouched and not re routed that goes right into the air box....

I hope my oil starvation problems are now just a bad memory. 12mm free line from oil separator to engine, no banjos etc. One of a kind diy parts :D fits with mcx quiet turbo muffler when i gave it some love with rubber hammer.

Attachments

• 84713DA5-2DF1-45FB-AEB6-D6EA9DFA88B0.jpeg
    84713DA5-2DF1-45FB-AEB6-D6EA9DFA88B0.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 0066E533-6F9C-4101-9504-08BC429E203E.jpeg
    0066E533-6F9C-4101-9504-08BC429E203E.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 175
I hope my oil starvation problems are now just a bad memory. 12mm free line from oil separator to engine, no banjos etc. One of a kind diy parts :D fits with mcx quiet turbo muffler when i gave it some love with rubber hammer.
Is that fitting threaded into the plug hole if so Nice Job!

Back