• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any Chance Spring Buy Will be Extended?

WillowAce

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper L-TX-DX - Sold
2019 Switchback XCR - Sold
2015 Viper L-TX-LE
2019 Renegade 850 - In the shed just in case
2020 Viper L-TX-SE
I see Polaris just extended the time to order a 2021 sled and offered 48 month 0% financing as well. Is there any chance Yamaha might extend program time or sweeten the pot?

Always a chance. No telling when the dealers will be open again if yours are closed like ours are.
I got my order in the day before our state shutdown. ;)!

Jaret shows off the latest snowmobile in his collection and talks about the increased importance of this year’s Spring Power Surge Program due to COVID-19. The SPS program will remain active until April 18th. We’ve taken some steps to make it easier for customers to connect with dealers. If you are interested in having a dealer contact you about placing a deposit please visit the links included below.

US customers can start here:
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/snowmobile

Canadian customers can visit this link:
https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/spring-powersurge-2021

Yamaha outsourcing their products has them in a position that they dont know if they can make any sleds for dealers to put on the showroom floor next year.
Better pre order a sled if you have plans on getting a new one.

Been thinking about this lately. My prediction is that we are headed for the biggest sled sales year in decades and this pre-order policy is going to bite big Y in the arse. Recreational products are flying off the shelves this summer. Few will be getting on a plane this winter to go anywhere warm. They'll be looking to hit the trails with family and trusted friends.

Yes totally agree with you , once the warm weather goes away people will be going stir crazy before December and w decide to go sledding this winter. With the limited builds this year , who ever is selling used sleds will get premium dollar for them

Been thinking about this lately. My prediction is that we are headed for the biggest sled sales year in decades and this pre-order policy is going to bite big Y in the arse. Recreational products are flying off the shelves this summer. Few will be getting on a plane this winter to go anywhere warm. They'll be looking to hit the trails with family and trusted friends.

I could see fall sales being high in anticipation, but we are still faced with the the need for snow. Powersport interest is strong now, but we need need cold and snow for sled industry to thrive regardless of interest level.

havent see anything for yamaha to reopen spring order but did see that cat has reopened ordering for yet this season

I could see fall sales being high in anticipation, but we are still faced with the the need for snow. Powersport interest is strong now, but we need need cold and snow for sled industry to thrive regardless of interest level.

Been saying that same thing well before all this covid 19 stuff. The OEMs can build the coolest sleds or do this or that. But unless winters start turning around for multiple winters the rest of it means nothing. And with winters being poor, I can still see all OEMs going to spring builds only, at least I would if I was one of them.

Yeah, they do insulate themselves from a strong downside pushing pre-orders. Then again with the snail's pace of development they could make extra sleds but just enough graphics!

Back