• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any cons running a MCX 190 kit?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper mtx
Thinking of a MCXpress 190 turbo kit on my 2015 viper mtx. Any cons?

Do they get hot when running in low snow conditions or running on the trail? Or when slowly riding in the trees?

Do you have to be above 6000 feet? Or can easily adjust the boost down to ride at sea level?

Is it a true pump gas set up? No adding anything to the fuel, just premium pump gas?

I cannot say for the mcx but my sleds with mpi turbos are flawless if you have proper fuel map and do not push too many lbs of boost on stock motor.

In 7000 mile no overheat issues even in low snow.

Good kit that 190hp, but there is not so much "power that you can feel"...
I drove 2 winter with 190hp (kit was installed allready when i bought sled) and at this summer i upgraded to 270hp kit :)
So only cons are power, more is more :D

So go straight to 270hp kit...

Mine runs good on trail and powder/back country, no over heating at any time.
Boost is controlled via mcx box, so it doesn't matter are you driving hi elevation or sea level.
Both sets are pure pump gas set, here in finland we have RON98 gas and both kits work woth that.

At seasons customer service i quite jammed, but at least erik from sweden answers to e-mails pretty fast.
And i didn't have any problems with 190 kit, only small adjust for clutch and just drive.

Last edited:

Back