• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any idea what this is?

08nytro87

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 FX Nytro 40th Anniversary Edition
I have been having starter issues with my 08 Nytro. Originally the starter relay fused together and burnt the starter out, a known issue. I replace the starter and relay and sled ran great, riding the trails with very little snow the nytro over heated and the top blew off the res. Let it cool down for a while topped the res up with water (not far from home) and went to start the sled and it wouldn't start. Long story short the brand new starter was dead again, the new relay was fine and functioning as it should.

I have a new starter on the sled again, it's running fine, flushed the coolant and refilled with new coolant. I am still going through the electrical to find and possible bad grounds or any wiring issues.

Now my question, what is this? Through going through the wiring I found this circular circuit board behind the battery that I have no idea what it is.

Anyone have an idea?

Attachments

• PXL_20210220_170856422.jpg
    PXL_20210220_170856422.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 80

Also rock makes a very inexpensive stuck starter warning that will let you know if your starter is stuck on—— great peace of mind easy install too—- Tod

Also rock makes a very inexpensive stuck starter warning that will let you know if your starter is stuck on—— great peace of mind easy install too—- Tod
Thanks, I am going to install a warning light and master power switch.

The second time the starter died on me the relay was and still is operating normally. Any ideas? Possible bad ground?

Found an exposed wire rubbing on the engine, think it's my culprit.

Back