• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any speculation on new Hurricane release tonight?

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
Anyone care to speculate on what they're going to come out with?

upload_2020-9-13_10-46-51.png

Well seeing how I just paid over $400 to upgrade my current Hurricane tune, I hope it isnt going to make me open my wallet again before I even have a chance to use it.........

Looks like something new from GAP as both Hurricane and TD are doing this tonight.

Well seeing how I just paid over $400 to upgrade my current Hurricane tune, I hope it isnt going to make me open my wallet again before I even have a chance to use it.........
Lol ....gotcha

It's going to be super tunes for the skidoos 2 stroke, 200 -300hp bundle... lol
Skidoo can only wish ....

Hurricane - Gap 998 Closed Loop System

The Hurricane - Gap 998 Closed Loop System upgrades your Sidewinder - Thundercat with the ability to monitor the AFR values. this upgrade allows your sled to self adjust the fuel delivery according to the climate of the day, everyday! the fuel corrections are made by your ECU during your ride. now, there is no compromising. Your tune will be optimum for the most power and the best fuel economy everyday, everywhere, no matter what.
You will need to purchase the Hurricane AEM Plug and Play O2 Sensor Kit as well as the Hurricane - Gap Closed Loop System to empower your ECU to adjust your tune to match the riding climate. Just like all cars have been doing for years. You do not need to own the Hurricane - Gap flasher for the Closed Loop System to operate.
For those who have flashed their cluster with the Hurricane Cluster Flash, the AFR values can be displayed prominently on your cluster along with the boost.
For those who do not have a cluster flash, a trouble code will display on the cluster in the event a sensor problem occurs.

Closed Loop Fuel Control
Introduction
This engine ECU was designed to run on an open loop configuration. In turn, environmental conditions (temperature, humidity…) affect the air/fuel mixture even with a proper tune;
-Hot ambient temperature enriches the fuel mixture (more fuel)
-Cold ambient temperature leans it (less fuel)

The solution
Adding a proper O2 sensor and closed loop algorithm allows the engine ECU to read the air/fuel mixture and adjust it to compensate for the current environmental conditions.
The closed loop air/fuel ratio has targets for both cruising and full throttle situations. Cruising AFR target is leaner to provide better fuel economy while a richer target is used at high or full throttle for maximum power.

Results
-Proper power delivery under hot conditions by preventing the air/fuel mixture from being too rich
-Proper fueling when it’s very cold
-Automatic compensation relatives the sled intake and exhaust paths configurations
-Maximum engine power delivery in all environmental conditions at high or full throttle
-Better fuel economy while cruising at low or mid throttle. Up to 20% less fuel consumption*.

*Results will vary depending on driving style, environmental conditions and other factors.
Usage of the Hurricane Performance AEM Wideband O2 module (pre-wired and plug in) is required.
Failsafe protections have been implemented in the event of a sensor issue.

Hurricane Performance brought the Quick Spool race flashes. then, we created the new critically acclaimed Super Spool flashes. Now, we introduce the next level: the Hurricane - Gap Closed Loop System.

Game Changer.

From what i am reading it sound like 10 to 18% better fuel economy and up 10hp on any tune.
Is this correct Dave

I would just like to confirm that the AFR tuning operates no matter what tune you have selected.
Would target AFRs not differ from a 240hp to a 300hp selected tune?

Back