• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any tips to removing 2008 Vector engine?

SumpBuster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 sidewinder; 06 Apex RTX
My friend heard a loud knocking, and that's all she wrote...hole in the block behind the starter. He has an 07 nytro he might take the motor from, to put in the 08 delta box chassis....any tips would be welcome. Neither one of us has done this.

My friend heard a loud knocking, and that's all she wrote...hole in the block behind the starter. He has an 07 nytro he might take the motor from, to put in the 08 delta box chassis....any tips would be welcome. Neither one of us has done this.

No real secretes.. just start taking the beast apart and keep good track of it. It take me about 16 hours to transplant a motor.

No real secretes.. just start taking the beast apart and keep good track of it. It take me about 16 hours to transplant a motor.
Thanks..he got it out, but we can get a 1049 from a later model vector and the person is giving him all the stuff with it..ECU, gas tank with the fuel pump, etc...picking it up tonight.
2021-02-23 17.38.46.png
2021-02-23 17.36.59.jpg

Thanks..he got it out, but we can get a 1049 from a later model vector and the person is giving him all the stuff with it..ECU, gas tank with the fuel pump, etc...picking it up tonight.

Nice, that should be fairly easy then. Make sure you get wire harness too.

Last edited:
Nice, that should be fairly east then. Make sure you get wire harness too.
He's a local guy that strips and parts out stuff, and said he has everything we need, and will take some parts in trade too.
Funny the rod bottom is still attached and it spins on the crank pin smooth as can be..sticking my finger through the hole...rod looks to be in 3 pieces...hope this isn't common..we have a lot of these vectors in our group.

The copper color is from the starter armature...and he needed one..lol...it's trashed.

I think you will run into problems putting a 1049 in. get the one from the 07 nytro, same engine

Back