• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any updates out for the 2006 Apex

Finally got my handlebars coming. When the service guy was puttin in my Ser. # there was something about an altitude compinsator. What is up with that?

My new handlebars will be in at the end of this week, man my fingers will be happy.

I got a call from my dealer today. Their shipping out the updated hanldebars for free, yes for free but I have to give the old one back. I asked why can't I keep it and they said why should I pay for the new ones, it's a new sled, so their going to warranty it in return. What a great dealer.

snoboner said:
Finally got my handlebars coming. When the service guy was puttin in my Ser. # there was something about an altitude compinsator. What is up with that?

When I first called Yamaha Cypress here in California about a month ago regarding the handwarmers, they also mentioned the altitude compensator if I was ridding above 6,000' but couldn't give me more information. I think I'll call Monday. Anybody else know? What's EFI for?

i installed my Canadian bars two weeks ago and the u.s.bars wre mailed from the U.S. dealer in Michigan this week. So all is well.

Jim

SOrRY..I was WRONG...

I Picked up our sleds today...and I was WRONG about the updates for the 2006 Apex Mountain Handel Bar Update....THE NEW ONES ARE the same as the 2007 sleds...which includes an inch taller bar and grip warmers that extend to the end of the bar....AS WELL AS the shorter mountain strap.

IN fact your dealer will hand you your old bars when you pick up your sled. The cost was about 30 bucks..and then We had to pay about a half hour labor for install (which you could bypass if you did it yourself)

Here is what Updates I did:....New stiffer rear springs with anti-bottoming kit, reverse, track protector under tunnel, and handel bars...Sorry for the mis information earlier...

JD8420, what type rear spring and anti bottoming kit did you install? If you don't mind....how much do you weigh? Thanks

Stiffer Spring INFO

I don't know how many more pounds the newer stiffer springs are compared to stock, HOWEVER...I have part numbers...and you will need...

Rear Spring: 1 of the 8fk-47473-10-00 (I was charged 146.93)

You will also need part number 8fk-47474-10-00 (They didn't charge me for that one, because I THINK it's parts to fit the kit associated with 47473)

The anti Bottoming Kit which was bolts, washers, nuts, collars, & Rollers:...

You will need : 2 of the 8es-47429-00-00 (roller)
2 of the 90387-10025-00 (Collar)
4 of the 90201-106f2-00 (washers)
2 of the 95817-10060-00 (Flange Bolts)
2 of the 95607-10200-00 (Lock Nuts)

Let me know if this helps.........I weigh 350+

limited supplies

I went to the dealer in Minot, ND and he told me there was a limit on handlebar update kits available! Is this true? I am I going to have to suffer if they cut the limit short? If you get one and I don't is that fair! I was told this is a bulletin to service dept. and not a recall! I bought this sled and I should have the same comfort as the next guy!

Re: limited supplies

bmiller said:
I went to the dealer in Minot, ND and he told me there was a limit on handlebar update kits available! Is this true? I am I going to have to suffer if they cut the limit short? If you get one and I don't is that fair! I was told this is a bulletin to service dept. and not a recall! I bought this sled and I should have the same comfort as the next guy!

Contact Rideblue....He'll have the official answer on that one..

I agree with you....updates...warranties....etc should be transferable..

I DO KNOW however that there WERE limited supplies of the handel bars and tunnel deflectors because they didn't want to start shipping them out as parts for 2006 sleds untill they were done building 2007 sleds since they will both take the same part numbers...

Back