• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody find any new Idler wheels yet for apex

APEXER1

Extreme
Website
purdyracing.com
I've been looking for a wheel that is at least 5.300 in diameter.
The polaris wheels don't fit the apex. Brg to small
The Doo wheels fit but the Brg, is to wide. 6205 brg.
The wheel has to have a 6005 brg. and be at least 5.300 in diameter or 5.250 in diameter will do ok.

Iv'ed measured all the aftermarket wheels and what is says on the packaged as far as actual diameter, (they are way off.) Has anyone found a wheel that fits and have you actually measured it and what is the diameter.

Thanks......... :o|

Any wheel with a 6205 bearing can be used if you mill 0.060" off the inner idler mounts (the surface the side of the bearing pushes up against). This includes Polaris wheels (with 6205 bearings).

If you do this mod there are many wheel options available and cheap.

I was never happy with the 05 wheels. I have almost 2500 kms on my 03/04 wheels this season and the wheels and bearings are still good. The 05 bearings would be turning rough by now (based on last years experience with them).

I have had max. perf. wheels on my Attak for 500+ miles are working out great, no issue's :Rockon: :Rockon:

Yamaha is replacing the wheels under warrenty. I am sure they well come up with a solution. In meantime my dealer will keep replacing them if neccessary. Got my first replacement set at 425 miles.

My dealer is installing the red accessary wheels on my RTX (the two inside wheels). He said that the 05 wheels are now back ordered indefinately from all the demand from the failed Apex/Attack wheels. He has been instructed to replace any failed wheels with the colored wheels from the accessary catalog until Yamaha can catch up with with production of the 05 wheels. WHen they become available again he will install them in place of the red wheels if I wish. I'm happy - it seems like a good temporary solution to me.

My wheels are still like new. (No issues) But there is alot of drag on the track due to the missing track clips in the track from factory. Put my Doo wheels on for a quick ride and couldn't believe the difference how it rolled. Then put them back on my Doo. (It looks funny without wheels) :D

Just called Max Perf and the new wheels are on the way ;)! THANKS SPEED and STUD DOG
Anybody want to buy some like new original yammy wheels for apex. Let me know i can take pay pal. $10 ea + ship

STORM-CHASER said:
Anybody want to buy some like new original yammy wheels for apex. Let me know i can take pay pal. $10 ea + ship[/quote
I dont think these are going to be a hot item

If you send me the wheels and pay me $10 I'll take them ;)!

Back