• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anybody tell me the snow conditions in the UP??

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
anybody tell me the snow conditions in the UP??live in Minnesota and want to ride

Depends were you are going. Some trails are not groomed yet some are closed because their is water on trail. Most railroad grades are good to ride. Farther north the better. Got 4+ inches today

I have been riding the last two weeks north of Seney, the Kingston Plains and Grand Marais areas. Trails are not too bad. Today the water holes were frozen. You can get into the towns of Seney and GM. The rain last week hurt the base, that is for sure. They are predicting some snow over the next week and possibly a little rain. I predict the week between Christmas and New Years will be average sledding and not close to last years conditions, at least in the areas I ride. But they will be rideable for sure. No off trail riding yet, stumps have a long way too go to being covered up and frozen over. The lakes are freezing up, but if you are not familiar with specific ones, I would stay off for a few more weeks.

FYI, hot dog stand north of Seney is not there this year, gas station closed and restaurant open in Shingleton. New restaurant open for breakfast in Grand Marais is a nice place with good food all day.

Merry Christmas all.

Back