• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone ever have a failure on engine gear reduction?

Snowman269

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06' Apex
14' KTM 500 EXC "SnowBike" fitted w/ 15' Timbersled LT
07' Phazer
Exactly what I said in title. Anyone ever have a failure on engine gear reduction? How much play in the gear reduction is normal by turning clutch?

2006 Attak has 7,500 miles, should be good for MANY more miles.

Thanks

Ok, Someone please go out and turn the clutch left to right and tell me how much play they have.

Thanks, this one moves about 1/4". I'm thinking it's normal or within acceptable range, but I'd like to be sure before doing anything.

i know this is a very old thread , but what is not normal and where does play come from? thanks

My neighbor purchased Rocks Yamaheater man - old Attack sled and it has over 23,000mi with no issues in the gear reduction area .

i know this is a very old thread , but what is not normal and where does play come from? thanks

it is built in play so that reverse functions properly.

The reduction gear has nothing to do with reverse.
Sled was extra noisy. I had 6 of these sleds in our group, but noone was riding at the time and I asked on here to get a separate opinion. The guys with the sled was kinda aggravating me about it. He seemed to have a problem so he traded for a new sled for a crazy loss. I bet the sleds still running fine, but it not longer matters. Thanks for bringing back an old post.

Back