• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone from Wisconson have there Sticker on the Tunnel..

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
So ya.. I got my new stickers.. and they are GREEN..

dont really want to put the green stickers on my ORANGE SLED..

anyone stick them on the tunnel?? and if so have you gotton any heat over it..?

I do not like the stickers either, but I would not recommend drawing attention to yourself, by not locating them where they are legal. There are some officials that do not care and others that do and they could be having a bad day and you could be the one that they take their frustration out on (Ticket). The stickers are a waste of material and time. I would rather have a permanet plate attached to the rear of my sled. I was always told the sticker was so that the officials could easily see the sticker with the registration number and could be read while you where going down the trail or across a field. Which is a joke. Ever try to read someones registration sticker while the sled is moving, impossible. The sticker is someones attempt to pacify pressure from the public and local officials. The sticker blends in after awhile and we are all in the same boat. We all just have to grin and bear it. Small price to pay to keep everyone happy, could be worse. Just my 2 cents!

I have put them on the tunnel on two of my sleds and one year I got stopped by the dnr he threatened to give me a ticket.Don't put them on your tunnel in WI unless you plan on out running them,lol

All I can say is that the guys I ride with and myself, here in WI, have the stickes everyplace but where they are suppose to go. When we go through those DNR checkpoints we never get hassled

We got harassed on the ATV trails about not having the stickers where the were supposed to be on the Quads. Didnt get a ticket, but the guy sure was a prick about it.

Hey Brian,
Dont stick any stickers on that gorgeous Orange paint!

I bought some aluminum sheet and cut it to sticker size and and drilled one little hole thru the lower black plastic about mid height.

Actually been doing this for years with no complaints from DNR.

sticker

Welt- I'm from WI and always cut down my reg stickers to a bare minimum (kind of outline all the relevant #'s and info) takes almost all the color out of the sticker and allows you to place it on several smaller spots on the hood with out the colors clashing. I've been doing this for at least 15 years and on the 5 sleds that I have every year on the trail. I've only been stopped once by the DNR. This happened at a check point and he didn't immediately see the sticker. I pointed it out to him and he said I should order new stickers since most of it has blown off (what a moron)! I said it didn't blow off I trimmed it out like that. He didn't think that was very smart and started to give me a bit of attitude, but I assured him everything that was relevant to him was still on the sticker and still on the hood - nuff was said at that point and he let me on my way.

Like I mentioned I"ve been through dozens of check points with my sleds stickers being trimmed down to the bare minumum and only had that one problem. I'll definately keep doing it so the goofy colors they come out with don't clash with my sleds colors. Just a little info for you...

Here's an example on my wifes classic...

XCR5

Attachments

• 04clas1.JPG
    04clas1.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 160
Now someone explain to me why we need stickers on our sleds, boats, ATVs, plates on out cars, trucks, motorcycles, trailers, but Amish buggies get away with nothing whatsoever?
Does that make sense?

T_R_H,

At least we don't have to have the SLOW MOVING VEHICLE triangle on the back ;)! ;)! ;)!

LOL

Yamadoo

I never ride in Wisconsin so mine is going on the tunnel. I do like Tork's idea with the aluminum sheet. I also liked the idea of trimming it down a little. Good and intresting info on this post.

Back