• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone have a inner chaincase housing for a Winder available?

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Hi guys tring to help out a buddy!!
He has 16000km on his tuned winder and chaincase started leaking.. they got er apart and found this...
If you have a inner housing please pm me .. preferably in Canada since shipping may take too long for US?

Thank you for any help
Let's get this guy back on the trail!!! The season is too short!!!

20210214_220756.jpg

I would be cleaning that up and putting JB weld inside and out until you can get one!
That is plan B he has the case off! Trying to find a replacement if not we will find a welding shop that welds alloys to repair

I think I would be using a product called tech steel to patch that. I have a case that took 10 days to get. I’m located 6 hours north of Winnipeg MB. If you want it I’ll do what I can to get it to you but I’d think you’d get one from a dealer just as quick as it would take it to ship to you.

I always what to know why something failed any idea.

I’ve used the tech steel on a chaincase cover about 8 years ago never missed a beat and is still running with it

Let me know if you want this case

This is the stuff

Attachments

• 6FF5D41F-16B6-45F4-82C9-47D11BF71C78.jpeg
    6FF5D41F-16B6-45F4-82C9-47D11BF71C78.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 74
I think I would be using a product called tech steel to patch that. I have a case that took 10 days to get. I’m located 6 hours north of Winnipeg MB. If you want it I’ll do what I can to get it to you but I’d think you’d get one from a dealer just as quick as it would take it to ship to you.

I always what to know why something failed any idea.

I’ve used the tech steel on a chaincase cover about 8 years ago never missed a beat and is still running with it

Let me know if you want this case
Thank you sir !! I just messaged him!

I think he pm ‘d me not sure how to reply to the email in the pm

Attachments

• 9E94DFB5-B1EC-4AB9-A0F1-09955FD0B462.jpeg
    9E94DFB5-B1EC-4AB9-A0F1-09955FD0B462.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 70
I'm nursing a cracked inner case also. Mine is a warranty issue, dealer told me inner chain case is on back order till April. Mine cracked above that area between the two chassis bolts in a half moon shape. I applied a liberal amount of Devcon 2,500 pound epoxy, let cure. Then a top coat of Ultra Copper RTV silicon. Just got back from a 1.400+ mile week long trip in Maine. Chain case didn't loose a drop. Hope this helps.

I'm nursing a cracked inner case also. Mine is a warranty issue, dealer told me inner chain case is on back order till April. Mine cracked above that area between the two chassis bolts in a half moon shape. I applied a liberal amount of Devcon 2,500 pound epoxy, let cure. Then a top coat of Ultra Copper RTV silicon. Just got back from a 1.400+ mile week long trip in Maine. Chain case didn't loose a drop. Hope this helps.
I sent him a screenshot of your post...ty

Back