• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone have bmp 7000 stage 2 kit?

savageman69

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 arctic cat zr 7000 limited
Bought a bmp stage 2 kit off ebay lightly used, didnt come with manual or extra magnets.

Does anyone have the spec sheet and setup? what weight i should be running etc.

I emailed bmp and no luck getting any info

I have a sheet will get specs when home from work.
awesome thank you sir...hard to get info..arctic cat forum no help, emailed bmp no answer...even tried ssi seeing theirs looks the same still no luck. Was getting ready to sell it lol

Sorry I thought it had all cats on there. I bet the components are close if I remember right. Will say this if you have same primary spring don't put it in. Way to high engagement. Use stocker and tune from there with stock primary spring.
3EEAE3C9-39B8-4ECE-B89C-0BA07400E9C2.jpeg
77651C95-CF80-421C-B9FE-AC12E675EA9F.jpeg

this is what i got... hmm yah im kinda afraid to up the engaugement i actually like the way it is...so what do you feel would be a good setting to start on the helix like a 2 or 3?
humm not sure what to do weight wise...maybe go little more then whats in them currently i suppose

HHAdUat.jpg

4. Tune rpm with primary. See you got same blue primary spring. Ditch that unless racing. Same as stock 800. Don't want to go light with helix since in reverse it could suck belt down. You will like the conversion. No more clunk after hard on brakes and taking off from stop. Secondary catching up. Don't know how the cat guys can live with that.

alright blue spring is staying out...does the torsion conversion change how the weights react?....right now im on the heavier recall stock weights and it will just bump the limiter in loose situations or track lift. Would you start with matching the weight or will it be a totally different animal

Thanks again sir

It will all be different. That setup for stock 800 overrevved but its lower than rpm Viper needs and Viper is slightly less power. So depending on your base weight and effect primary spring has you will end up removing weight(Magnets) from them. If you have a clutch puller use it and a big washer to compress primary cover to get bolts back in. Cat clutch you have to remove cover to get at the magnets. Unless thier is something I dont know that works.

I’d leave the primary alone for now, and run the BMP helix and spring in the secondary. I bought the D&D kit for my 7000, which turns the secondary into a torsional set up, similar to the BMP kit. But they gave me lighter DD primary weights, they said they would perform like a 60g weight even though they were 53g ‘big dog’ weights. They lied. I ping the rev limiter all the time. I’d leave the primary alone, run it, and then put the BMP weights in if you hit the limiter. Maybe they will have gotten back to you by then. I was just looking at BMP weights today. Pricey. And if I can’t change the magnets with the clutch cover on then I think I may buy 62g cat weights instead. I think 62 grams with on a 7000 that has a torsional set up will be just about right. BUT that’s what I think... I haven’t been able to try that theory. Yet. Bring on the snow!

It will all be different. That setup for stock 800 overrevved but its lower than rpm Viper needs and Viper is slightly less power. So depending on your base weight and effect primary spring has you will end up removing weight(Magnets) from them. If you have a clutch puller use it and a big washer to compress primary cover to get bolts back in. Cat clutch you have to remove cover to get at the magnets. Unless thier is something I dont know that works.
apparently if you remove the belt and compress the primary you can do it...from what i gather speedwerx and j&t make a clamp and pry tool for this

i may leave the primary but not sure...likely buy the clamp to do it, altho i have the clutch puller already.

This is how the sled is working currently...Honestly pretty happy already before i bought this but hey im a sucker for mods lol

Back