• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone know the part number for mid-height windshield?

swmpr1

Extreme
got a question, i have an rtx with the small windshield(if its even called that) just wondering if anyone has the part number for the windshield for the regular nitro model, i think that windshield would offer more wet protection for the pod and what not, is the regular nitro windshield the same as the low accessory windshield? any help would be appreciated
mike

Looks like BESIDES the piece of plastic your stock sled came with you have 3 choices: (sorry but I refuse to call THAT a windshield!) prices in USD

Tall (14")
SMA-8GL96-30-BK Clear with graphics $80.95

Medium (10 3/4")
SMA-8GL96-20-BK Clear with graphics $72.95

Low (8-1/2")
SMA-8GL96-10-BC Blue w/ graphics $58.95
SMA-8GL96-10-BG Black w/ graphics $60.95
SMA-8GL96-10-CG Chrome w/graphics $71.95

Side deflector kit
SMA-8GL96-60-00 (fits all 3 styles above) $44.95

Now after getting our windshields I can say the low is slightly better than stock but flaire out more. The med is what I feel a low should be and the tall is what a med should be. IF you want it for wind protection go for the tall AND the windshield side deflector kit. and if your over 6' it still not high enough!
If you want pics go to Yamaha.com

so the regular nitro would most likely have the medium height style then, as it seems quite a bit taller than that piece of plastic that i got on there now.
thanks

I have an RTX. Do you guys think that the with the pitch of the windshield will make the air go over the rider or will you get hit in the face. I know it doesn't look like much but it does sit quite a ways in front of the rider. I'm a big fan of a larger windshield win it starts getting really cold.

Here are a couple of picks of the tall windshield installed.

IMHO It looks bigger than it acts when sitting on it!

Attachments

• DCP_3675.JPG
    DCP_3675.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 298
  • DCP_3674.JPG
    DCP_3674.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 276
the low accessory windshield is slightly more vertical than the stock nytro windshield and it's listed as being 0.5" taller. also has the side deflectors to better protect your hands as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1958.JPG
    IMG_1958.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1964.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 351
thats the black accessory low model eh? that doesnt seem too bad , kind looks flat black, or is that just the picture?

Back