• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone put a rod through the block???

poleclimber said:
HRD2PLZ said:
Answer to your question is no, but what sled is it, and do you still have warranty?
. Where did u get yours? Extreme?

No! And when I have a few more minutes I'll post again and tell you why.

Scott

Glad they are fixin ya up quick tho.

HRD2PLZ said:
poleclimber said:
HRD2PLZ said:
Answer to your question is no, but what sled is it, and do you still have warranty?
. Where did u get yours? Extreme?

No! And when I have a few more minutes I'll post again and tell you why.

Scott.
I'm sure I can guess why. Probaly same reason I don't go there. They can kiss my :moon:
Glad they are fixin ya up quick tho

poleclimber said:
Messed that up oh well anyway I feel your extreme pains

Well, here's the story. I bought 2 sleds there in 07, the Warrior and my wifes Polaris. They had a fair price on the warrior and I bought it. Same with the Polaris, really didn't haggle too much other than OTD prices with trail stickers and such. They also gave us 15% off any accessories, gear and soforth. We bought about $1500 in gear so they saved us a couple hundred bucks (yeah right, not wtih that mark-up in there). Anyway, had been looking at an XTX this winter and wife gave the ok so I went to pull the trigger. My cousin had been in there and bought an XTX a week prior and I called him before I went to see what deal he got. He told me and I went to the same salesman and said I want this sled OTD for X amount of dollars. he said nope "we're not in the business to lose money". So I explained that he just sold this same sled for this much money a week prior and he basically called my cousin a liar (sounds like a Jerry Springer show). I pulled out my cell phone and asked if he would like to speak to him, of course he didn't want to. Anyway I continued trying to get the deal done and would have if he would have met me half way (which was a difference of $200), wouldn't do it. My wife was over at Total Powersports looking at a Cat and called me and said just forget it and go somewhere else. anyway, went over to Total and talked to Chris Maxon who tried to get me to buy a Cat, but I wanted the XTX. So he says just a minute let me call a friend. He calls Travis at Indian River Rental Express/Powersports and says I got a guy who wants and XTX for X amount of dollars, can you help him. Travis says yep, I have 3 of them and he can have one for that price OTD. So I tell him I will be there tomorrow morning. I go back to Extreme for 1 last shot and say hey, I'm going to buy this sled tomorrow in Indian River, would like to keep my business here, I'm going home now, you have my number give me a call if you can do it. By the time I get hoem there is a message on the machine saying we wish we could but we can't, and we think we have earned $400 in loyalty from you!!!!??? WTF!!!!! I couldn't believe it. So I call a friend who I went to school with here in Gaylord (happens to be an investor in Extreme) I tell him the situation and he says that he is going in there anyway tomorrow and then he will call me. I say, call early cuz I am going to Indian River to get this sled if not. No call by 10am so I go buy the sled in IR. Traivs and those guys up there are great. I get home and there are two messages on from my friend who says Extreme should be calling and the next is Extreme saying "hey, sorry, we found new rebates we can now sell the sled for $300 less than I was orginally asking. How bout that. They also said, by the way, you exhaust donuts are in for the warrior. So what do I do, take the new XTX up there to pick them up. Needless to say, I won't shop there for anything except in an emergency now. I do thank my buddy for coming through though.

Sidenote: when I went in to pick up the donuts, another salesman came over and asked how I liked my new sled and that he was sorry that the other guy and the owners couldn't get it done for me the night before. Furthermore he said that is the reason they lose all there best salesman and that he was gong to be leaving soon too. So thats the story.

By the way, are you from Gaylord? And where did you get your sled from?

Scott

I have seen a XTX engine with a hole in the block. The sled had been tipped on its side for quite some time after a minor wreck. When the guy tipped the sled back and tried to fire it up the engine did not move and the starter burned. He left it at the dealer and they discovered that one cylinder was filled with oil. The starter was changed and the oil was taken out.
The guy got his sled back and ran it a couple of miles when a connecting rod came out trough the engineblock. According to Yamaha the rod got bent when the cylinder was filled with oil wich caused it to break.
All of this was covered by warranty!

HRD2PLZ said:
poleclimber said:
Messed that up oh well anyway I feel your extreme pains

Well, here's the story. I bought 2 sleds there in 07, the Warrior and my wifes Polaris. They had a fair price on the warrior and I bought it. Same with the Polaris, really didn't haggle too much other than OTD prices with trail stickers and such. They also gave us 15% off any accessories, gear and soforth. We bought about $1500 in gear so they saved us a couple hundred bucks (yeah right, not wtih that mark-up in there). Anyway, had been looking at an XTX this winter and wife gave the ok so I went to pull the trigger. My cousin had been in there and bought an XTX a week prior and I called him before I went to see what deal he got. He told me and I went to the same salesman and said I want this sled OTD for X amount of dollars. he said nope "we're not in the business to lose money". So I explained that he just sold this same sled for this much money a week prior and he basically called my cousin a liar (sounds like a Jerry Springer show). I pulled out my cell phone and asked if he would like to speak to him, of course he didn't want to. Anyway I continued trying to get the deal done and would have if he would have met me half way (which was a difference of $200), wouldn't do it. My wife was over at Total Powersports looking at a Cat and called me and said just forget it and go somewhere else. anyway, went over to Total and talked to Chris Maxon who tried to get me to buy a Cat, but I wanted the XTX. So he says just a minute let me call a friend. He calls Travis at Indian River Rental Express/Powersports and says I got a guy who wants and XTX for X amount of dollars, can you help him. Travis says yep, I have 3 of them and he can have one for that price OTD. So I tell him I will be there tomorrow morning. I go back to Extreme for 1 last shot and say hey, I'm going to buy this sled tomorrow in Indian River, would like to keep my business here, I'm going home now, you have my number give me a call if you can do it. By the time I get hoem there is a message on the machine saying we wish we could but we can't, and we think we have earned $400 in loyalty from you!!!!??? WTF!!!!! I couldn't believe it. So I call a friend who I went to school with here in Gaylord (happens to be an investor in Extreme) I tell him the situation and he says that he is going in there anyway tomorrow and then he will call me. I say, call early cuz I am going to Indian River to get this sled if not. No call by 10am so I go buy the sled in IR. Traivs and those guys up there are great. I get home and there are two messages on from my friend who says Extreme should be calling and the next is Extreme saying "hey, sorry, we found new rebates we can now sell the sled for $300 less than I was orginally asking. How bout that. They also said, by the way, you exhaust donuts are in for the warrior. So what do I do, take the new XTX up there to pick them up. Needless to say, I won't shop there for anything except in an emergency now. I do thank my buddy for coming through though.

Sidenote: when I went in to pick up the donuts, another salesman came over and asked how I liked my new sled and that he was sorry that the other guy and the owners couldn't get it done for me the night before. Furthermore he said that is the reason they lose all there best salesman and that he was gong to be leaving soon too. So thats the story.

By the way, are you from Gaylord? And where did you get your sled from?

Scott

I would never buy anything from those over prised rip off's. You could go to any dealer and for sure find it cheaper. Extreme blows

BooBoo said:
I would never buy anything from those over prised rip off's. You could go to any dealer and for sure find it cheaper. Extreme blows

I try not to comment on Extreme too much. Just seems like they're overstaffed and underworked. Too many Chiefs, too many indians and way too much overhead. I had a buddy in 06, near the end of the season went in to buy an Apex and couldn't buy it based on a $300 difference. He wasn't low balling them just requesting a price he knew other dealerships were selling them for. Long story short- Called T&R and wala! done deal- gone riding.
I like that comment that they gave Scott (Hrd2plz) above. "we think we have earned $400 in loyalty from you" Who in their right mind would ever let those words fly from their mouth? Inexcusable. All balls and no brains.

Superman said:
BooBoo said:

I try not to comment on Extreme too much. Just seems like they're overstaffed and underworked. Too many Chiefs, too many indians and way too much overhead. I had a buddy in 06, near the end of the season went in to buy an Apex and couldn't buy it based on a $300 difference. He wasn't low balling them just requesting a price he knew other dealerships were selling them for. Long story short- Called T&R and wala! done deal- gone riding.
I like that comment that they gave Scott (Hrd2plz) above. "we think we have earned $400 in loyalty from you" Who in their right mind would ever let those words fly from their mouth? Inexcusable. All balls and no brains.

Heh, yeah, I kept the message on anwering machine and listen to it every once in awhile just to remind me not to go in there again. I'm sooooo glad we didn't end up buying our boat there last year.

Back