• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone racing their Nytro in a race series?

fastpig

Veteran
Is there anyone racing their Nytro in a race series this year or raced last year. I know there are a few Phazer racers here, but I'm looking for someone else that has or is going to be racing their Nytro also.

Looking to help share and receive some info.

Thanks!

Took 1st place in the 600 (single pipe) with an 08 Nytro this weekend in Holley NY.

I drove for Omasta Racing from Hadley MA, what were you looking to find out?

Attachments

• HolleyNY.jpg
    HolleyNY.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 199
I guess I was just looking for info on how the Nytro's are holding up. Anything to watch for as far as breakage ? Any weak links or particular things to reinforce for strength. I have replaced the skis with Curve XS's, Carver Performance is setting the shocks up, and I have added the tunnel reinforcements. Am I missing anything ?

I'm helping out Brandon Carter this season & will be doing most of his wrenching.

He is also running Semi Pro at USCC this season but running a limited schedule.

I ran in the Team Class last year with Brandon on his Nytro & we finished 2nd overall which was top placing 4 Stroke at the 500.

mbarryracing said:
Took 1st place in the 600 (single pipe) with an 08 Nytro this weekend in Holley NY.

I drove for Omasta Racing from Hadley MA, what were you looking to find out?

What do I need to do to my front and rear suspension of my sled (XTX) to get it ready for snow drags. Meaning if I get a pair of floats and run them @25-30PSI, what do I need to do to the Rear suspension? Where and how do I tie it down or lower it enough to match the front suspension.

Thanks...

Sean,
The race season is going well. It started off a little rough, got trown off a couple times, damaged a couple parts, but things are starting to come together. I am finally starting to get a handle on the sled and just about have the sled dialed.

I am currently in 6th out of 17 in the Masters 40 class and 12th out of 21 in the Sport 600 class (but I missed one race in the sport class which puts me back in the points there)

The Curve Skis with the Snowstuds carbides are doing great!! The sled is point and shoot. Steering is not heavy and there is no darting. Thanks for all your help this year, you and Nick have been a big help!!!

Yeah, I don't think most people understand what the series is like. They should change the name "USCC United States Cross Country" dosen't really fit. they should call it:

"United States Extreme Back Woods River Open Water Never Know What to Expect Next Racing"

"Where only the lucky and good finish in one piece"

The Nytro rocks when you get it where you want it. I have learned a ton from the Yamaha Factory Race Team members and Mike Carver from Carver Performance. There are so many different adjustments and combinations. I got the sled handling well now, I just have to work on my knowledge of adjustments for the different race conditions.

But the nice thing is not having to worry about steering. No darting, point and shoot. With your skis on the sled I have one less thing to worry about. Very pleased I chose Curve Skis for this race season.

I'll get some pictures posted soon!

Back